Community discussions

MikroTik App

Jamesy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

setup snmp to watch link history traffic in dude

Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:40 am

I am trying to setup the dude (3.5) to graph the bitrate in the link windows under the history tab found by double clicking on a device but having some trouble.

setup: Two units connected via wireless bridge. (411 boards with xr9 cards) Passing traffic fine.

I have picked the snmp profile in the device and set it to v2 public on both ends (string is setup under settings and snmp tab in dude). Do I also have to setup snmp in the device through winbox as well?

I then added a link through dude and told it to use snmp mastering but the list for interface is blank? I tried using routeros for mastering type as well but still the interface list is blank.

In short I don't know what I'm doing so It's trial and error.

can someone point me in the right direction to help me get 'link history' to show data?

chrisd13
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: setup snmp to watch link history traffic in dude

Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:50 pm

Have you checked that the community string on the device is the same as the community string which is set in the profile? As standard the profile string will be "public" so each device will need to have SNMP enabled and the community string on that device set to "public". (I am not au fait with the MT devices, but I would assume you will need to connect to it and enable SNMP and set the community string).

Add the devices to a map and create a link between them. The link that you then created should appear in the Link list. like I have below...
Links_Local_Map.jpg
Double click on a link in the link list and click on the graph tab and you should see the graph...
Link_Graph.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't forget to give Karma if we help you out :)