Community discussions

MikroTik App

blickety
just joined
Topic Author

Network Map device count

Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:35 pm

Is it possible for the devices in Submaps to show up in the count of the parent map?

For instance, I would like to have a network map for each region that we have devices in. I will not have any actual devices in this map, but instead just Submaps. What I would like to be able to do is to look at the region map and see the number of devices that are currently down.

As it stands, I have to click into each region in order to see the Submap count.

If that is confusing, basically I want to be able to have the parent map show the total stats for all of its Submaps without having to open it up.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Network Map device count

Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:17 am

thanks for the suggestion, we will try to remember this when we make a new version if the dude.

dotnetpower
just joined

Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:19 am

Is there any news on this topic?

duckhead
just joined

Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:45 pm

Yes I'd like to know this too... I was experimenting with different values I would make up by myself and obviously nothing would work :D . I have the exact same setup as the original poster. Multiple submaps within a submap and no way to see devics are down on the root map. I need to go into each submap from the root map to see downed devices and it kind of takes the functionality away from the map view...

It'd be great to see this updated because there's no way only a few could benefit from this function.

geoffsmith31
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:32 am

I have had to be very careful with map design to ensure I only have 2 layers of maps. Some maps are very crowded and it would be easier to understand the network if we had sub-sub-maps or sub-sub-sub-maps. Unfortunately the functionality is not there to let a down device on a sub-sub-map show up at the top level.

I would like to see this functionality included in future releases if possible.