Community discussions

MikroTik App

accessmd
Topic Author

Installation of Dude on RB433AH

Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:19 pm

I want to install the Dude on my RB433AH which is running RouterOS 5.8. Can I install the Dude 3.6 and install on it? Please I need help.

mramos
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Installation of Dude on RB433AH

Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:27 pm

Hi ...

I installed some hours ago V4 beta 3 on a 433AH to be a backup of another one that's running on a X86+Windows XP.

I added a 1Gb micro-sd and formatted as Dude => moved Dude files to it.

I remember that under older ROS versions, as soon as you formated and move dude to micro-sd the correspondig disk space was released at system disk.

But now is strange. Even with dude at micro SD there's a lot of system disk in use (free = 8MB).

And a question: if I disable dude package, there is more disk space, of course. But I noticed that every time dude package is enabled under stores a web-proxy disk shows up as active (at the system disk). Does dude needs web-proxy under ROS? What for?

Regards;

ALX1S

Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:05 pm

Mi Mramos, how are you.

Im sorry because replying a long timed threat, but im fighting with and RB433AH with ROS 6.32.2 with a dude runnin in it, and now the CLI menu "/store" is not more available, how could I configure the microsd to store the dude files, or how can i move the files between the Mikrotiks flash memory to the Microsd (2Gb formatted SD/dude).

Thanks

ALX1S

Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:33 pm

ohhh.... I found why is not working....

"
Since v6.20 release attached storage are now managed in "/disk" sub-menu, instead of previous "/store disk" menu.

This menu will list all attached storage devices, presuming that they are supported and in working condition.
As a note, Webproxy and User manager stores as now shown as directories in "/files menu". When configuring webproxy cache or usermanager database you will now be asked to write in path of directory where you want these stores to be created.
Since this change Dude database storage is broken and The Dude package can no longer be used since this release, till any further notice.
"

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:32 pm

You have missed that dude server is not supported on mipsbe in recent ros versions.

mramos
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:33 pm

Mi Mramos, how are you.

Im sorry because replying a long timed threat, but im fighting with and RB433AH with ROS 6.32.2 with a dude runnin in it, and now the CLI menu "/store" is not more available, how could I configure the microsd to store the dude files, or how can i move the files between the Mikrotiks flash memory to the Microsd (2Gb formatted SD/dude).

Thanks
Hi Alx1s, hwru? Seems that u already figured how to do it. I gave up at that time to use 433 as a backup dude server because later I figured that there was not web interface when I use dude on RBs and I use web access from time to time on android tablets.

Now version 6.XX have the new version of dude which I does not try yet; fits on several devices such as RB 3011 which I'm trying on the production ntwrk.

My original interest was run Dude on those RBs to reduce power consumption, avoiding the permanent use of UPS + batteries + AC powering + HD failures etc.

Regards;