- Better caching of snmp queries (smarter or better control over caching), e.g. i don't need to fetch the hostname more than once every 5 minutes, why is it queried more?
- Being able to group multiple get requests into one larger UDP frame(!!!!)
- More functions that can convert values (for example, convert BSSID into a decimal value, right now one has to hack the MIB).
- Better scripting language?
- Variables or value place holders so that one doesn't need to call the function twice, but still can structure the queries into multiple functions. E.g.
If ( string_length( custom_function() ) > 0, custom_function(), "" )
could turn into
If ( string_length( custom_function()=>%val1 ) > 0, %val1, "" )
- easier access and better documentation for retrieving device_property()'s
- some way to retrieve link properties
- better statistics on resource usage of dude itself (e.g. how many SNMP requests am i sending per second or minute?) How many are retransmits?
- auto modification locking of maps (so we don't move them around by accident).
- ways to avoid polling a link twice, just because it's specified in two different maps
- ways to even out the polling requests so it doesn't flood the network so badly (sometimes it tends to send 1000 packets in one second, ... it makes the jitter on the network worse.
- different things should be polled at different intervals, more or less static data could be polled every time uptime wraps around, tx/rx rate could be polled every 1 minute
- means to export certain data into e.g. excel spreadsheets or xml format so it can be fed into programs to work with
Move along. Nothing to see here.