No!
No votes

Total votes: 0

Smohrman
just joined
Topic Author

The Dude Freezing Up

Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:58 pm

Hi Team- Just installed The Dude on a W2K3 server. When trying to manually create a network map, The Dude freezes for like 5 when accessing the "settings" for a device. I cannot switch between tabs on the device settings without it freezing too. All I want to do is configure the devices, but I get a "not responding" for 3-5 mins, then it frees up, but the next time I try to go to another tab it locks up again. I then installed TD on my Vista workstation and connected to the remote server and it does the same thing. I'm sure TD would be invaluable if I could figure out why this is happening, but as it is I can't even configure it. Any thoughts/suggestions?
TIA
Scott
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

geoffsmith31
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: The Dude Freezing Up

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:33 am

Sorry, I do not have an answer to your question but I can tell you that we have had The Dude running for about 3 years on Win2K3 servers (7 of them) without anything like you are experiencing. It is not a Dude/Win2k3 compatability issue. Maybe Dude doesn't like your network driver or some other hardware you have in your server??? We have Dude running very successfilly on Win2k3 servers in a ESX environment. May be worth a try for you, Abstract the hardware using a VMware product maybe.

DynStatic
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

The Dude Freezing Up

Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:38 pm

I've had the freeze as well but nothing was win2k3. Would happen when making changes to a device in settings. I never waited 5 minutes to see if it recovered. I would kill dude, log back in and the delete the device and set it back up and it would not happen again. It sounds like your database is corrupt if it happens on every device so perhaps you should nuke the install and start over. Also, something that just came to mind... Do you have dns for these devices? It could be DNS resolution timeout.

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:58 pm

This issue was much more prevalent in 3.6 but if you get it on any version just delete the device and undo the delete. Somehow SNMP screws up.

Smohrman
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:42 pm

This issue was much more prevalent in 3.6 but if you get it on any version just delete the device and undo the delete. Somehow SNMP screws up.
Thanks! I installed the latest beta and the freezing up has stopped. I appreciate your help. =0)

lisovik
just joined

Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:09 pm

I have exactly the same issue. Running DUDE on RB1100AHx4 Dude edition. I noticed this the DUDE looking for service Router OS status Unknown 4.29G. I do not have a clue how this service gets here. So if someone gives me an idea I will be highly apricated. Thank you!