Community discussions

MikroTik App

duanes1967
just joined
Topic Author

Dude 4b3 problems reading Netgear GA311 stats

Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:46 pm

I have been running Dude 4.0b3 with great success (nice work !) for a number of months except for one problem. Since this is the ONLY version of Dude that I have ever used, I don't know if this issue exists in prior versions.

The bulk of the watched node on my lan are WinXP and they are all working fine except for all three of my machines that have a Netgear GA311 (GigE/PCI add in card). The pc's shutdown nightly and upon reboot, the client info works nicely, but the LINK comes up with an odd number for the interface name and Dude doesn't go back to the correct OID for the data. I am about 70% sure that this is actually some sort of Netgear issue, but they don't answer any emails so I thought I would send the info to you and maybe you could work around their arrogance.

Attached are some screen shots to show the problem.

If I manually change the link settings to use the Netgear GA311 interface, then all works well until the next time the client pc reboots. For some reason, Dude either does not save the info, or it thinks the data is wrong and defaults back to the first interface on the list.

Again - this ONLY happens on GA311 adaptors running on WinXP... (Oh - and all of the clients are Dell Optiplex 320's (P4/28Ghz, 2GB RAM)

I sincerely appreciate your time. Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions about what I'm seeing.

Thanks !!

Note the three machines in this shot (just right of center) that show Rx:[Interface.InBitRate], etc on the Link data.
dude1.jpg
Here is a shot of the interface selection on the link settings...
dude2.jpg
And now, for the snmp interface info for that machine. Note that the selected interface is marked down.
dude3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Dude 4b3 problems reading Netgear GA311 stats

Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:47 pm

How long after the computer has come up have you waited for it to be updated?

Just a wild guess, open network from cpl and change the binding order from the tools, advanced menu. Doesn't matter how but try to put the netgear first. Really just want something changed. No idea why your having trouble...

duanes1967
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:11 am

It doesn't update. I must manually re-select the proper link oid after each reboot of the client machine. Since all of the client pc's shutdown at night and boot in the morning, they must be manually corrected every morning. No amount of waiting will cause the link to start working.

duanes1967
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:00 am

Weird - I replied to this a while back and it didn't show up.

The problem is that it never corrects itself. If the client PC is rebooted, I must go into the link settings and re-select the correct interface. Notably, the wrong interface just has a number of some sort listed instead of the readable name.