Community discussions

MikroTik App

vikdex
just joined
Topic Author

Changes are not saved to dude.db

Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:26 am

Hello together, after a long journey I finished to repair a 2 GB dude.db.

Now the database size is about 80 MBs.
DUDE start and runs fine again. Objects can be added and renamed without any problem.
If restart the dude process, every change since the last run are GONE. nothing there :(

this is what I did in order to fix the 2GB issue:
run sqlite3.exe dude.db
PRAGMA integrity_check;
VACUUM;

if errors occur, try to open each table with the SQLITESPY tool.
delete the information in the table, that forces SQLITESPY to crash.

I had to delete the table:
delete from chart_values_raw where *;
Please tell me if I got any chance save new objects in the DUDE without rebuild the 400 objects in the map...
Maybe you can tell me where to search for error messages ? like a DEBUG mode ?

Kind Regards
Viktor

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Changes are not saved to dude.db

Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:34 pm

So you must have some missing/corrupt item in your database. One change might "fix" the area that is messed up but what change could you make? I am taking some liberty here but you should double check that history actions are being populated with each change. You could change the number of history actions that are stored by modifying it in the settings. You could also try adding and removing a new map also add some junk devices. There is a journal file you could change the commit interval and verify that the journal file is changing based on the commit interval. You could change the raw keep time for tables. Hopefully one of the changes writes good data to the table.

You could extract the xml from the database(the table is compressed so there is another tool needed and I don't know the process) anyhow if you do have extracted xml you can paste each item back in or import the xml file. There was a post hinting on the tool used to compress the database you will need to search for it.

GL,
Lebowski