MikroTik App

nocune
just joined
Topic Author

Error "Dude Server Already Running" on Dude 1.0rc1

Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:57 pm

Hi,

could someone help me with this?

I had Dude 0.92 runnig in a Win 2003 Server Standard and all were OK.

I installed Dude 1.0rc1 and the installation was well, but one time it launches Dude an insistent pop up window appear saying "Dude Server Already Running".

I have uninstalled it and reinstalled and ir continue poping up this window. Not only one window is about a window each 2 seconds.

I look for dude.exe in task manager and I can not find it, so this is the only version I am running.

Someone has this problem? it's only me?

Greeting in advance,
NOC-UNE

chrisd13
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:31 pm

Have a look to see if you also have the dudes.exe and dudew.exe processes running, I think the dudes.exe process might be the one causing you problems... I will be installing the rc1 release in the next day or two so will see if this happens for me also.

nocune
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:58 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the answer, but dudes.exe is not in the task manager. I did a fresh install uninstalling so dudes.exe and dude.exe were not in the system when I reinstall.

Another thing I see is that while all this popups appears I can interact with the menus and the server button is not green, but still poping. If I stop the server the popup stops but the dude too.

I hope this will have a solution.

Greetings

Denis Basta

Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:55 pm

Looks like this problem persists in multi-user enviroment...

bing
just joined

Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:36 pm

I have the same problem, and with every msgbox popup "Dude server is already running", I get new dudes.exe process in my task manager.
When I close Dude, and all the popups, I still have one dudes.exe process left. When I kill him too, and start Dude, I get the same popups non stop. :)

Ivan

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:37 pm

we will do extensive testing of this, thank you

gustkiller

Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:59 am

i had the same problem here but to fix it i just leave the dude as system service and closed the dude client , them i can access it from any other host on my network, but if i start the dude cliente in his own host its start to tell the same window that shows "the dude server is already running"

in sum , the problem is just when u run the client in the same machine as the server is runing.