Community discussions

MikroTik App

jmay
Topic Author

Dude bandwidth Charts randomly wrong

Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:36 pm

I've been using the Dude for a couple years now without any problems, but recently a couple of my routers are starting to report inaccurate bandwidth. They will start to graph about 1/3 of what is actually going through those routers. If I open up the bandwidth graph and click ok it starts graphing normally. Heres a screen shot to show you what I am seeing. One of the routers is a mikrotik router and the other is an imagestream router. Any ideas what might cause this in the dude? I tried turning off graphing and starting over (thinking maybe the data was too large) but that didn't help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Dude bandwidth Charts randomly wrong

Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:38 am

Are the 32 bit counters rolling over? what is your polling interval? If you half the polling interval the counters might not roll over.
I wish the dude used 64bit counters.

jmay
Topic Author

Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:57 am

I've tried slowing down poling, even deleting the modules and re-adding. It's only happen on 2 routers and these are the 2 with the most bandwidth, 100-200 megs. Could that be the problem?

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:16 pm

I still don't understand how it could handle the one interval when the counter actually does roll over but I believe polling more often will give more accurate results... This is the reason why any new work on the dude should include an option to prefer 64bit counters.

Joe

jmay
Topic Author

Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:58 am

Ok, so I changed the map to 1 minute intervals and now it's working, but didn't work on longer intervals. I don't get it, but I suppose that'll work. This is version 3.6 by the way.