Community discussions

MikroTik App

yogid
Topic Author

question - how to monitoring

Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:22 pm

I have some problem. I have my network configure on ospf, so my network can use different path. All works fine, but i have problem to make network map beceause "dependency loop not allowed" So i have situation when all networ work fine without one device but on dude i have 50% devices on unknown status but they works fine.
It any solution for this problem!? Yes i could not use dependences.

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:32 pm

multiple parents can be specified for devices that can be reached via different paths

yogid
Topic Author

Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:52 am

Ok, yes, I known and I use that but I think that i can use something like dependences for both side :]

xxiii
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:36 am

I'm having a similar problem. I can't model parts of my network because it says dependency loops not allowed, even though such loops actually exist in the real world.

For instance, I have this situation:
node 1 is a parent of node 2
node 2 is a parent of node 3 and of node 4.
node 3 is a parent of node 4.

When I go into node 4 and try to set its parents as node 2 and node 3 (after setting the other relationships) it refuses with a dependancy loops not allowed error.

We have quite a few loops like this in our network for redundancy/failover reasons.

Furthermore, depending on what links may be down, nodes which were parents may become children; for instance if the link between node 2 and node 3 above goes down, node 3 may become a child of node 4 (and a grandchild of node 2), whereas with all links working properly, its a child of node 2 and a parent of node 4.