Community discussions

MikroTik App

LastResort
just joined
Topic Author

OSPF w/BFD for redundant distributed LAN - Thoughts?

Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:39 am

Looking for best practice to provide redundant Ethernet connectivity between 20 facilities. The network transport will include wireless, fiber and Ethernet. Wireless will service the majority, and I've added extra home runs to reduce the latency of rings that would otherwise leave some nodes five or six hops deep. Attached diagram is a crude representation of the concept. System will support VoIP, FAXXBOCHS, access to back up and email servers, UTM, content filter, AD, surveillance cameras, IP alarm monitoring and Internet access. Basically a LAN between a bunch of buildings with some buildings a mile or two apart.

Considered the full stack from Meraki, but have decided against it for now. MikroTik does not support IS-IS or EIGRP, and I've no issue with that. At the same time I have a lot of homework ahead to ensure the MikroTik solution is right the first time. So any advice and direction is appreciated.

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LastResort
just joined
Topic Author

Re: OSPF w/BFD for redundant distributed LAN - Thoughts?

Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:49 am

Admin - please move post to proper topic. My mistake and I am unable to find the edit function.