Community discussions

ronix
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

PPPoE Active Discovery Initialization (PADI)

Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:35 am

Dears...

If I have 2 WAN with pppoe-out, I want pppoe-out1 to connect immediately and pppoe-out2 after 10 sec

so can we delay PPPoE Active Discovery Initialization (PADI) that sent from mikrotik router ?

ZeroByte
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: PPPoE Active Discovery Initialization (PADI)

Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:51 pm

This is really strange request. Why is this behavior necessary? Perhaps there is a configuration you can make that will address the issue without having to do something strange.
When given a spoon,
you should not cling to your fork.
The soup will get cold.

lambert
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:28 am

I don't understand exactly why you would want to do something like this. However, you may be able to accomplish this with a scheduler entry to run at reboot. Have the script it runs disable the secondary interface then "delay" 10 to 60 seconds, whatever you need, before enabling the interface again.

I don't know if the run on reboot script will run before the pppoe interfaces have a chance to come up or not. It may just be a race and you may not be able to reliably determine which will happen first on any particular boot.

I am making the assumption that you want this to happen on boot, rather than every time you lose your connection on pppoe-out1.

ronix
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:38 am

Dears ...
I'm not good in scripting
what I want is when pppoe-out1 disconnected then wait 5 sec to reconnect and when pppoe-out2 disconnected then wait 10 sec to reconnect
any one can help ?