Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

koolandrew
just joined
Topic Author

Import/Export files

Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:15 pm

I am trying to create a backup script from CCR-1009-8G-1S from one machine to another, so i can have it running, should the primary router fail. I have been using Mikrotik for several years and understand a little more than the basics, so i am not a complete newby.

The import/export is simply horrible when trying to create standard configs to be used across several routers.

In the case above, it is exactly the same everything, exact MAC address.

When i import, the first error i get is:
expected end of command (line 17 column 26)

/interface wireless security-profiles
set [ find default=yes ] supplicant-identity=MikroTik

***There is no wireless setup on a CCR, so i tried to edit the supplicant identity and couldnt figure out how to, as the identity is supposed to be the same as system->identity, but isnt.

I removed the following from the script:

/interface wireless security-profiles
set [ find default=yes ] supplicant-identity=MikroTik

I reloaded the file, reset the configuration, and imported the file again, without the two lines above.

I get the same error:
expected end of command (line 17 column 26)

I really like Mikrotik, but i am so fed up with this importing/exporting. I have had this problem for years, and never written to the forum before. I have broken it down into small scripts, but there is issue with that as well, if they arent imported in the right order.

I can see that the script was partially imported, but that is it.

Can someone please alleviate this ongoing searing headache that Mikrotrik is causing me in this situation.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Import/Export files

Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:19 am

Yeah. I also wish there will come a day when exports can be easily imported. Even it is not absolutely correct, you can try to import backup if the devices are the same and you want to clone mac addresses.