Community discussions

MikroTik App

bcall
just joined
Topic Author

4k file size limit??

Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:35 am

Hi folks,

I'd like to set up a script to pull the full bogons lists for IPv4 and IPv6. I'm looking at using this with the fullbogons files Cymru provides: https://wiki.polaire.nl/doku.php?id=rou ... gon_update.

The problem I'm running into is that pesky 4k file size limit. The full bogon list for both is huge, and reading the file into a variable fails since the file is > 4k. I've found several old postings regarding the file size limit, a couple of which date back 5-6 years. It's apparent that won't change anytime soon.

Let's say, for example, I don't have any other machine on which I can do this processing (chunk the file). I want to do it entirely on the router so it always works without human intervention. What's the best way to do that?

Is it possible to break the file into 4k chunks as it downloads? (I don't see any options for that) Since I can't read the file into memory, I can't manipulate it to break it up.

Does anyone else out there work with the full bogon files entirely on the router itself?

Thanks

janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: 4k file size limit??

Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:47 am

for routing you can get BGP to get the full bogon table to route to null.

bcall
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:33 pm

I'll reach out to the Cymru folks and see if I can get BGP peering set up, although it seems like overkill.

bcall
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:23 pm

To close the loop on this, I set up a BGP peering session with the Cymru folks. They were incredibly friendly and helpful in getting it set up.