Community discussions

MikroTik App

hypernik
just joined
Topic Author

DuckDNS Dynamic DNS updater script

Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:31 pm

I would like to use the "newer update" script for DuckDNS, as posted here by rextended (see last code block in post). I copied/pasted the script (customized for my DuckDNS domain/account) from the DuckDNS web interface into the source field of a new script entry, in the Webfig interface. I replaced MATRIX with ether10 (the WAN interface for the RB in question), and checked the read, write, policy and test check boxes. I've tried to Run Script a few times, and Last Time Started and Run Count update as expected, but the dynamic HOST record is not updated as expected, and no ipstore.txt appears in the MikroTik filesystem. I checked logs but there was little information of value. I see entries telling me a new script was added and updated, but no runtime (error or success) entries. Any suggestions for further troubleshooting?

Thank you!

hypernik
just joined
Topic Author

Re: DuckDNS Dynamic DNS updater script

Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:04 am

ether10 had several IP addresses associated. This apparently prevents the script commands that attempt to get the current IP address from working as intended. Only one address (dynamically assigned by ISP) was active (enabled) or needed. After removing the disabled/unneeded IP addresses, the script seemed to run normally, as evidenced by global variable under Environment. But the Duck DNS HOST record was still not updated... I copied the script to a text file and uploaded, and used the import command. The script executed successfully and the Duck DNS HOST record was updated. Not sure why it's still not working as expected from the scripts interface...

jankohrasko
just joined

Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:17 pm

Hi hypernik,

have you been able to solve, why the script not been executed except manual import, after fixing your IP´s ?

I have created the script manually, gave it the required rights, and let it run. It does not really run thru, as it does not store the text file with the IP etc...

However, it does work , following your input - importing the script (so once manually run) over command line. Then it creates the file intended, and updates the IP on duckdns system.

Quite puzzled about that strange behaviour...

jankohrasko
just joined

Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:25 pm

Hi Hypernik,

have you been able to solve the problem? I mean, your finding is that importing it , runs it - but once.
How have you solved to get for regular updates via duckdns & script ?

Thank you!

beeyev
just joined

Sun May 17, 2020 12:50 am

Here is the script you are looking for
https://github.com/beeyev/Mikrotik-Duck ... IP-Updater

Jotne
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun May 17, 2020 1:07 am

If you use RouterOS built in dynamic DNS updater /ip cloud, you get a free DNS to use some like this:
6f3806e0aaaa.sn.mynetname.net
Then you can use this directly, or point other service like DuckDNS, Dyndns to the name and no more manual or scripted update neded.