Community discussions

MikroTik App

melrol0611
just joined
Topic Author

Setting up Mikrotik

Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:52 am

Hi Everyone,

I hope someone would be able to help me. I want to setup my Mikrotik using scripts. I want the scripts to be downloaded from a certain website that I have. but I dont know how to begin with. I hope someone can help me?

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Setting up Mikrotik

Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:58 am

Are you serious? If yes then make export of your device and store the generated script file on your website.

melrol0611
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:01 am

Hi Jarda,

Im really new to Mikrotik

I have setup my router1 and Exported all the Changes that I have done with the Router I also down loaded the backuop that I have created in the Files. Here is now my first problem When I import the exported files from router1 to router two It did not work. I have also tried to use the backup file from router 1 and use that to restore my config on the router 2. It seems to be working but when I connect the the Routers 2 Mac Address was change to Router 1 Mac Address

LucZWFM
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:44 am

Hi Jarda,

I have setup my router1 and Exported all the Changes that I have done with the Router I also down loaded the backuop that I have created in the Files. Here is now my first problem When I import the exported files from router1 to router two It did not work. I have also tried to use the backup file from router 1 and use that to restore my config on the router 2. It seems to be working but when I connect the the Routers 2 Mac Address was change to Router 1 Mac Address

You can not use backup's to transport settings to another router...
You need to export the setitngs and import them on the other router...

on 1st router do: /export compact file=name
then move the created file to the other router
on the other router do: /import name.rsc

melrol0611
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:13 am

Hi Jarda,

You can not use backup's to transport settings to another router...
You need to export the setitngs and import them on the other router...

on 1st router do: /export compact file=name
then move the created file to the other router
on the other router do: /import name.rsc
Hi LucZWFM,

Thank you so much.
Most of the files and changes were exported and imported. But the edited files such as login.html where back to its default, the same as the router has no password either.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:03 pm

Users and internal files are not part of export. You can use radius for central user management.

The question is what do you want to reach under what circumstances?

melrol0611
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:27 am

Users and internal files are not part of export. You can use radius for central user management.

The question is what do you want to reach under what circumstances?
I would like to create scripts that the user will just need to download from my server and run it on their APs. I want the Hotspot server to be the MAC address of the router separated by a hyphen.