Community discussions

metricmoose
Topic Author

"/tool fetch output=user" Example?

Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:10 am

Mikrotik updated fetch a few months ago with "output=user", which does the following:

Output ::= file | none | user
none -- do not store downloaded data
user -- return up to 63k bytes directly in 'data' variable without storing on disk
file -- store to file

Though the only way I can see the contents of the "data" variable is by running a fetch command directly, I haven't actually been able to grab the contents of the variable in a script and store it in a global variable to use later. I assume it's not fully implemented yet? It's kind of weird that Mikrotik would include an unfinished feature in the current and bugfix releases...

eworm

Re: "/tool fetch output=user" Example?  [SOLVED]

Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:27 pm

Manage RouterOS scripts and extend your devices' functionality: RouterOS Scripts

metricmoose
Topic Author

Re: "/tool fetch output=user" Example?

Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:55 am

Thanks, I guess Mikrotik hadn't finished the feature at the time of my post. I've been messing around with it since the 6.43 update, it's a very powerful option.

BlackVS
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: "/tool fetch output=user" Example?

Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:29 am

It would be great to allow suppress annoying hard-coded messaging regarding each fetch operation to router's log (i.e. if you have script which fetching each ten seconds - now you get each 10 seconds info message in the log... as result log is full such messages which masking the rest ones). It is the main reason why I stopped to develop Telegram Bot hosted on router (now I'm developng hosted exetrnally bot which have access to router)