Community discussions

MikroTik App

ElectricalEngineer
just joined
Topic Author

A small project to do ($)

Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:21 pm

Hi Guys!

I need to build a standard easy to roll-out installation for technological LAN built on one WiFi compatible router. My preference would be Mikrotik RB941-2nD hAP lite https://mikrotik.com/product/RB941-2nD# ... ifications because of price, 5V power supply and form factor. The architecture of the solution is as following: Uplink connection by a cable or WiFi (WISP mode) with DHCP Client on. Downlink LAN is mainly for two ethernet cable-connected devices. One with DHCP Client On, another one with fixed IP. So, downstream LAN has to have fixed address dedicated zone and DHCP server enabled for the rest of IPs in the subnet. Downstream subnet is to have two standard subnets configurations depending on uplink subnet address (to exclude overlapping because uplink subnet address range is not in control of our side). Technical details and subnets are to be given once we agree to move forward.

Important thing. Mikrotik with Router OS is quite difficult system and I need this solution is to be configurable by electricians with no special network knowledge. Therefore, some approach is to be sugested and implemented to simplify setup process. It can be Excel spreadsheet with macro to modify microtik configuration file, small script (.exe program), video with all steps explained and shown. In case of .exe program implementation, a source code transition to me is to be a part of the project.

I look forward to receiving your messages.

PS for Admins: I didn't find a special forum section for such posts, so I posted it here.

pcunite
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: A small project to do ($)

Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:26 pm

I am interested in helping you.

I recommend the hAP because the tiny USB connector on the hAP lite (both cable and unit side) are easy to break if handled improperly. I don't have a horse in the race, just trying to limit future cost of repairs. The hAP lite is a nice price, however. 5Ghz is also a big deal now, so the hAP ac lite is really the minimum in congested airspace.

There is no forum private messaging here, so you can contact me at the following address:
contact.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.