MikroTik App

joegoldman
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

Script initiate Winbox windows?

Thu May 02, 2019 12:45 am

Hi *,

I think I know the answer to this already (no) - but is there a way to make a script initiate a winbox GUI element?

i.e. I run certain tests / traceroutes / pings etc with different VRF's or source IP's to test different parts of my network - it would be handy if I could 'pre-script' these so i just go to system scripts, double click and I get my ready made window with all my settings.

I already have a work-around but its not great, that is to set them all up and then save the session, but then I have to have every test I want opened and configured to save the session, and every time I open the session it has all the configured tests in one hit.

I know I can script the actual tests and run them via CLI, but for some read-only network guys I kind of want it all GUI based.

Thanks,
Joe

AlainCasault
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Script initiate Winbox windows?

Thu May 02, 2019 1:26 am

Hello Joe

I'm not a script guru, so I'll send you elsewhere.

Have you considered creating a limited skin (only for web interface though) and only show the tools you wants to be made available?

It's a somewhat lengthy process, but it could help you. You'll need to create user accounts with limited access also.

Cheers,

Sent from my cell phone. Sorry for the errors.

joegoldman
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

Thu May 02, 2019 12:14 pm

I prefer not to use webfig - I want it for myself too as super user - so dont want to be logging out / in all the time, and I dont think the skinning tool is flexible enough, as I want the same tool but in many different configs, mostly I want the ping and traceroute tool but with specified src-address (or route table), with a specified ip to ping, to test things like VRF's and tunnel endpoints. I think my best way is to make this into a custom webpage in our intranet and pull the results via API.

AlainCasault
Trainer
Trainer

Fri May 03, 2019 5:43 pm

I know it's not your question, but maybe a raspberry pi?

I have one with scripts for availability (netwatch replacement), and iperf to test my queue trees. I "cron"ed the availability script but I could create a web page from which to launch the queue testing script... Hum, that's actually an interesting idea. Thanks me! :D

Cheers,

Sent from my cell phone. Sorry for the errors.