Community discussions

MikroTik App

alaqmar2013
just joined
Topic Author

tx rx fp rx dropped pppoe account

Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:00 pm

Hello All. I'm running into an issue which is the tx rx fp rx dropped to 0. The solution to fix that is by press disable and enable the pppoe account. Is there any work around script to automatically disable pppoe account and enable it again once dropped?

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: tx rx fp rx dropped pppoe account

Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:05 am

Few solutions but always Build In are the best.
/tool traffic-monitor add name=CheckPPPoE interface=pppoe-out1 traffic=received trigger=always threshold=0 on-event=SystemScriptNameToRun comment="ThanxToSiB" disabled=no
and in System Scripts this name=SystemScriptNameToRun:
/interface pppoe-client enable pppoe-out1;
This is ReEnable means create new connection.

All this can be more complicated but I hope this method will be good.

Alaqmar12121
just joined

Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:41 pm

Thank you I will test it and report

Alaqmar12121
just joined

Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:14 am

Tested. When the threshold 0, the trigger hit run time 298 times, until I disable the script, re-enable manually and the pppoe connected and back to normal. Any advice please?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Alaqmar12121
just joined

Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:23 am

Again happened this morning
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:30 pm

Single/One pppoe with ISP in standard situation newer reach 0 and the traffic monitor is good idea to check if problem exist.
You situation I think is other. When you not have a "big transfer" as normal traffic then you should change a checking way. Before, I answer you a generic information to generic question.
When the threshold 0, the trigger hit run time 298 times
This mean the 0 at Rx is your normal behavior and you not gave many traffic/customers behind your device and then TrafficMonitor generate 298 fail-possitive check's I assume.
re-enable manually and the pppoe connected and back to normal. Any advice please?
Re-enable TrafficMonitor script or ppppoe interface?
I think the pppoe interface - this means the TrafficMonitor generate failse possitive re-enable and ROS cannot do connection?
Maybe the proper way to re-enabled in ROS is disable and separate enable the pppoe interface to do re-connection.
Maybe you should change your request.
This Rx=0 show at pppoe even when he works well and you have "not use of internet" - this give you info that way of checking interface are bad and you need other way.

Please write more about you situation.

Maybe you should have something like
* Netwatch who will be checking accessibility to remote host?
* Recursive Routing who will be checking this pppoe as accessibility to remote host?
* Own script who will be checking traffic via this pppoe and do action if no-internet will be detected by this intereface.

Many ways but you must write more about your situation.

Alaqmar12121
just joined

Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:19 pm

My situation the PPPoE Status (Connected) and FP Rx 0 OR Rx 0, when i served internet there is no internet until I Disable and Re-enable PPPoE account, What I'm looking for If I got the FP Rx 0 or Rx 0 Then the Script or built-in configuration disconnect the PPPoE account and enable. Appreciate your support in advance my friend.

Yes I think of that, Rx 0, I try to navigate to youtube or any website to have transfer and see if it changed from 0, All my tries failed. The only way disable the PPPoE account and enable it again to have the internet back

I don't know why the TrafficMonitor generate that big failed check, I just Disable the TM to avoid disconnect-Connect fail request and as usual disable the account and enable it manually.
Single/One pppoe with ISP in standard situation newer reach 0 and the traffic monitor is good idea to check if problem exist.
You situation I think is other. When you not have a "big transfer" as normal traffic then you should change a checking way. Before, I answer you a generic information to generic question.
This mean the 0 at Rx is your normal behavior and you not gave many traffic/customers behind your device and then TrafficMonitor generate 298 fail-possitive check's I assume.
re-enable manually and the pppoe connected and back to normal. Any advice please?
I think the pppoe interface - this means the TrafficMonitor generate failse possitive re-enable and ROS cannot do connection?
Maybe the proper way to re-enabled in ROS is disable and separate enable the pppoe interface to do re-connection.
This Rx=0 show at pppoe even when he works well and you have "not use of internet" - this give you info that way of checking interface are bad and you need other way.

* Recursive Routing who will be checking this pppoe as accessibility to remote host?
* Own script who will be checking traffic via this pppoe and do action if no-internet will be detected by this intereface.

Alaqmar12121
just joined

Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:21 pm

Used script below but not working when I lost the internet written by rextended viewtopic.php?f=9&t=83132
/system scheduler
add disabled=no interval=20m name=check-ppp-client on-event=":log info message=\"*** start check any ppp client connection ***\";\r\
    \n:local pppTest value=[/ppp active find];\r\
    \n:local pingNumber value=2;\r\
    \n:local pingMin value=1;\r\
    \n:foreach userTest in=\$pppTest do={\r\
    \n :local pingOk value=[:ping [/ppp active get \$userTest value-name=address] count=\$pingNumber]\r\
    \n :if ( \$pingOk < \$pingMin) do={\r\
    \n  :log warning message=([/ppp active get \$userTest value-name=service] . \" auto disconnected: \". \$pingOk . \" ping ok over \" . \$pingNumber . \" \" . [/ppp active get \$userTest value-name=name] . \" \" . [/ppp active get \$userTest value-\
    name=address])\r\
    \n  /ppp active remove \$userTest\r\
    \n }\r\
    \n};\r\
    \n:log info message=\"*** end check any ppp client connection ***\";\r\
    \n" policy=ftp,read,write,test start-date=jan/01/2002 start-time=00:20:00

Alaqmar12121
just joined

Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:28 pm

Re-enable manually the PPPoE, because the TM generate big false re enable.

Alaqmar12121
just joined

Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:42 pm

I have explained my situation, please your kind support

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:44 am

Hello again,
Give me materials to work, means.

*) What do a proper re-connection?
# or
/interface pppoe-client disable pppoe-out1; /interface pppoe-client enable pppoe-out1;
*) Internet Detection.
You have internet only from pppoe-out1 and when it's have Rx=0 and Tx=0 then what is a status of this connection?
Provide me a cli print without login/pass:
interface pppoe-client print detail
put [interface pppoe-client monitor pppoe-out1 once as-value ]
and/or screenshot from Status tab.

We can connect TrafficMonitor with one of those status infrormation to do proper checking and restarting pppoe.
Alternative will be scheduler and netwatch since.

Alaqmar12121
just joined

Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:06 am

Hello again,
Give me materials to work, means.

*) What do a proper re-connection?
# or
/interface pppoe-client disable pppoe-out1; /interface pppoe-client enable pppoe-out1;
- Yes disable and enable pppoe1

*) Internet Detection.
You have internet only from pppoe-out1 and when it's have Rx=0 and Tx=0 then what is a status of this connection?
-Yes I have internet only from pppoe1. When Rx=0 The connection status = Connected
Provide me a cli print without login/pass:
interface pppoe-client print detail
put [interface pppoe-client monitor pppoe-out1 once as-value ]
and/or screenshot from Status tab.

We can connect TrafficMonitor with one of those status infrormation to do proper checking and restarting pppoe.
Alternative will be scheduler and netwatch since.

Alaqmar12121
just joined

Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:11 am

status connection

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:14 am

And main question. In Status Tab is a different value when internet is online?
I know Rx=0 but I search some additional who is other in offline and online mode.

Alaqmar12121
just joined

Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:36 am

-- I guess yes
I know Rx=0 but I search some additional who is other in offline and online mode.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:06 am

Alaqmar12121
SiB
-- I guess yes
But you not share both screenshot to compare.

In this scenario, with all screenshot you provide I think that the best ways will be for you use from Netwatch+Scheduler to monitor internet and do reconnection when off-line will be x minutes.
I Describe this way with one ISP in this post: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=118075&p=746693&hil ... ht#p746693
Your version are like this:

1. Create NetWatch -> only it will do ping testing of target host and run up/down-script.
/tool netwatch add host=1.1.1.1 interval=10s timeout=500ms disabled=no comment=InternetWatchDog
*) 2. Add UP-script -> Remove future fix action because ISP is up.
Do Nothing more.
/system scheduler remove [find where name~"SiBexInternetWatchDog_"];
/log warning "RESET Netwatch scheduled DOWN-script... ISP WORKS";
*) 3a. Add DOWN-script -> ReCreate future jobs before DeadLine came true in 1m and last hope do reboot in 2m.
log error "start Netwatch DOWN-script...";

# ################ MAIN PROGRAM BELOW, NOT HERE ##############
# ################ DEFINE FUNCTION SOLVING Crossing Midnight ###########################

# Fix Crossing 24:00:00=00:00:00
/local SiBFixDateTime do={
/local SiBTimeToChange "23:45:00";
/local SiBTimeToChange $2;
/local SiBTimeDiffToAdd "60m2s"; # diff time < 24h
/local SiBTimeDiffToAdd $3; # diff time < 24h
#/local SiBDate "dec/31/2020"
/local SiBDate $1
/local SiBDateCorrected;

#log warning ("Source: ".$SiBDate." ".$SiBTimeToChange." + ".$SiBTimeDiffToAdd);
#put ("Source: ".$SiBDate." ".$SiBTimeToChange." + ".$SiBTimeDiffToAdd);

# Add diff time <=24h
/local SiBTimeAndDiffTime ($SiBTimeToChange + $SiBTimeDiffToAdd );
/if ([/len $SiBTimeAndDiffTime]=8) do={/set $SiBDateCorrected ($SiBDate." ".$SiBTimeAndDiffTime); };
/if ([/len $SiBTimeAndDiffTime]>8) do={
  /set $SiBTimeAndDiffTime ($SiBTimeAndDiffTime-1d);

## Add 24h to date, copy time if exist.
  set $SiBDateCorrected ($SiBDate." ".$SiBTimeAndDiffTime);

# Days: 01-27
  local SiBDayToChange [/pick $SiBDateCorrected 4 6;];
  if ($SiBDayToChange<=27) do={
      set $SiBDayToChange ($SiBDayToChange+1);
      if ([/len $SiBDayToChange]=1) do={set $SiBDayToChange ("0".$SiBDayToChange)}
      set $SiBDateCorrected ( [/pick $SiBDateCorrected 0 4].$SiBDayToChange.[/pick $SiBDateCorrected 6 20] );
    } else={
      if ($SiBDayToChange!=31) do={

# Days: 28..30; Main magic do internal scheduler.
          /system scheduler remove [find name=SiBTempScheduler2qw34er5v78bn90m];
          /system scheduler add name=SiBTempScheduler2qw34er5v78bn90m on-event={nothing } start-time=00:00:01 start-date=( [/pick $SiBDateCorrected 0 4].($SiBDayToChange+1).[/pick $SiBDateCorrected 6 11 ] );
          set $SiBDateCorrected ([system scheduler get [find name=SiBTempScheduler2qw34er5v78bn90m] start-date].[/pick $SiBDateCorrected 11 20 ]);
        } else={

# Day 31 for Jan..Nov
          /local SiBMonths ("jan","feb","mar","apr","may","jun","jul","aug","sep","oct","nov","dec");
          /local SiBMounthToChange [/pick $SiBDateCorrected 0 3];
          for x from=0 to=10 do={if ([/pick $SiBMonths $x]=$SiBMounthToChange) do={ set $SiBDateCorrected ([pick $SiBMonths ($x+1)]."/01".[/pick $SiBDateCorrected 6 20 ]) }}

# Day 31 for Dec
          if ($SiBMounthToChange="dec") do={ set $SiBDateCorrected ("jan/01/".([/pick $SiBDateCorrected 7 11]+1).[/pick $SiBDateCorrected 11 20] )}
      };
    };
};

#log warning ("New date time: ".$SiBDateCorrected);
#put ("New date time: ".$SiBDateCorrected);
:return $SiBDateCorrected
};

# ################ MAIN PROGRAM ###########################

# Select a proper Netwatch
local LocNetWatchHost 1.1.1.1;
local LocNetWatchHostComment "InternetWatchDog";

# Still is status down?
local LocStatus [/tool netwatch get [find host=$LocNetWatchHost comment=$LocNetWatchHostComment ] status];
if ($LocStatus != "down") do={/quit;}

# Convert the Netwatch SINCE to separate date and time of current down-time.
local LocSince  [/tool netwatch get [find host=$LocNetWatchHost comment=$LocNetWatchHostComment status=down ] since];
local LocSinceDate ([/pick $LocSince 0 11]);
local LocSinceTime ([/pick $LocSince 12 20]);

# Add action to future via scheduler
/system scheduler remove [find where name~"SiBexInternetWatchDog_v"];

# Try MAIN ACTION 1 - PPPoE ReEnable after 1m

local SiBCrossMid [$SiBFixDateTime $LocSinceDate $LocSinceTime 1m ];
local SiBStartDate [pick $SiBCrossMid 0 11];
local SiBStartTime [pick $SiBCrossMid 12 20];
/system scheduler add name=SiBexInternetWatchDog_v1 on-event={/interface pppoe-client disable pppoe-out1; /interface pppoe-client enable pppoe-out1;} start-date=$SiBStartDate start-time=$SiBStartTime;

# Try MAIN ACTION 2 - Reboot after 2m

local SiBCrossMid [$SiBFixDateTime $LocSinceDate $LocSinceTime 2m ];
/system scheduler add name=SiBexInternetWatchDog_2 on-event={/system reboot;} start-date=$SiBStartDate start-time=$SiBStartTime;

log error "stop Netwatch DOWN-script, Future action are scheduled";

Alaqmar12121
just joined

Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:04 pm

Sorry for not attached the screenshot. Please check attached.

The script provided should I run it using system ---> scripts?
3a. Add DOWN-script -> ReCreate future jobs before DeadLine came true in 1m and last hope do reboot in 2m.
Code: Select all

# ################ DEFINE FUNCTION SOLVING Crossing Midnight ###########################

Alaqmar12121
just joined

Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:26 pm

Can we just ignore the rebooting please? Just want to Disable the pppoe and enable it after 25 second

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:10 pm

Can we just ignore the rebooting please? Just want to Disable the pppoe and enable it after 25 second
WinBox > Tools > NetWatch - here a place with 3 tabs, up and down tab are two script who are running when access to remote host change to up (work) or down (failure).
Host 1.1.1.1 and Comment are important because they are use to check a result of proper netwatch.

Please setup Netwatch to 00:00:05 (check 1.1.1.1 every 5s).
In Down-script, the action "after 20 second do reconnection" without reboot, this will be done in 20-25s from internet failure.

Final script:
1. Create NetWatch -> only it will do ping testing of target host and run up/down-script.
/tool netwatch add host=1.1.1.1 interval=5s timeout=500ms disabled=no comment=InternetWatchDog
*) 2. Add UP-script -> Remove future fix action because ISP is up. Do Nothing more.
/system scheduler remove [find where name~"SiBexInternetWatchDog_"];
/log warning "RESET Netwatch scheduled DOWN-script... ISP WORKS";
*) 3a. Add DOWN-script -> ReCreate future jobs before DeadLine came true in 20s.

/local SiBDate $1
/local SiBDateCorrected;

#log warning ("Source: ".$SiBDate." ".$SiBTimeToChange." + ".$SiBTimeDiffToAdd);

# Add diff time <=24h
/if ([/len $SiBTimeAndDiffTime]=8) do={/set $SiBDateCorrected ($SiBDate." ".$SiBTimeAndDiffTime); };

set $SiBDateCorrected ( [/pick $SiBDateCorrected 0 4].$SiBDayToChange.[/pick $SiBDateCorrected 6 20] );
    } else={

/system scheduler add name=SiBTempScheduler2qw34er5v78bn90m on-event={nothing } start-time=00:00:01 start-date=( [/pick $SiBDateCorrected 0 4].($SiBDayToChange+1).[/pick $SiBDateCorrected 6 11 ] );
          set $SiBDateCorrected ([system scheduler get [find name=SiBTempScheduler2qw34er5v78bn90m] start-date].[/pick $SiBDateCorrected 11 20 ]);
        } else={

# Day 31 for Jan..Nov
          /local SiBMonths ("jan","feb","mar","apr","may","jun","jul","aug","sep","oct","nov","dec");
          for x from=0 to=10 do={if ([/pick $SiBMonths $x]=$SiBMounthToChange) do={ set $SiBDateCorrected ([pick $SiBMonths ($x+1)]."/01".[/pick $SiBDateCorrected 6 20 ]) }}

# Day 31 for Dec
          if ($SiBMounthToChange="dec") do={ set $SiBDateCorrected ("jan/01/".([/pick $SiBDateCorrected 7 11]+1).[/pick $SiBDateCorrected 11 20] )}
      };
    };
};

};

# Select a proper Netwatch who is ENABLE and have:

# Still is status down?
local LocStatus [/tool netwatch get [find host=$LocNetWatchHost comment=$LocNetWatchHostComment disabled=no] status];

local LocSince  [/tool netwatch get [find host=$LocNetWatchHost comment=$LocNetWatchHostComment status=down disabled=no] since];

# Try MAIN ACTION 1 - PPPoE ReEnable after 20s

local SiBCrossMid [$SiBFixDateTime $LocSinceDate $LocSinceTime 20s ];
/system scheduler add name=SiBexInternetWatchDog_v1 on-event={/interface pppoe-client disable pppoe-out1; /interface pppoe-client enable pppoe-out1;} start-date=$SiBStartDate start-time=$SiBStartTime;

Last edited by SiB on Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Znevna
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:57 pm

Tried to understand something out of this "issues" but I just don't get it.
What is the initial issue?
The FP Tx = 0 ?
That's normal.
While connected to a router which is mostly idle, from outside.:
/interface monitor-traffic ppp-wan once
name: ppp-wan
rx-packets-per-second: 8
rx-bits-per-second: 5.2kbps
fp-rx-packets-per-second: 8
fp-rx-bits-per-second: 5.2kbps
rx-drops-per-second: 0
rx-errors-per-second: 0
tx-packets-per-second: 11
tx-bits-per-second: 101.3kbps
fp-tx-packets-per-second: 0
fp-tx-bits-per-second: 0bps
tx-drops-per-second: 0
tx-queue-drops-per-second: 0
tx-errors-per-second: 0
And after beeing connected also to a device behind it so the firewall has to forward a few packets:
/interface monitor-traffic ppp-wan once
name: ppp-wan
rx-packets-per-second: 15
rx-bits-per-second: 9.8kbps
fp-rx-packets-per-second: 15
fp-rx-bits-per-second: 9.8kbps
rx-drops-per-second: 0
rx-errors-per-second: 0
tx-packets-per-second: 18
tx-bits-per-second: 166.4kbps
fp-tx-packets-per-second: 5
fp-tx-bits-per-second: 54.2kbps
tx-drops-per-second: 0
tx-queue-drops-per-second: 0
tx-errors-per-second: 0
No issue.
ppp-wan wasn't reconnected since boot. (link downs = 0).

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:08 am

Znevna
Tried to understand something out of this "issues" but I just don't get it.
What is the initial issue?
Stop traffic on pppoe-out1 who stuck on be running but not transfer any traffic. Similar situation is at l2tp tunnels, after reboot the one direction is not work and tunnel must be re-enabled and this can be happend with low probably but I see this in few mth again for years.
The FP Tx = 0 ?
It's symptom. Autor of post cannot write other difference on working and stuck connection without this Rx=0.
That's normal.
On links who have small traffic yes but not if you have got constancy traffic. You mean main optic links in ocean have got sometimes Rx=0 ?
While connected to a router which is mostly idle, from outside.:
And after being connected also to a device behind it so the firewall has to forward a few packets:
No issue.
ppp-wan wasn't reconnected since boot. (link downs = 0).
Congratulation. Not every ROS and RB works well, I hope your luck will be permanent.

Znevna
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:02 am

Weird. I have not seen something like this with PPPoE and we mostly have PPPoE around here, almost all ISPs offer PPPoE connections.
A config export wouldn't hurt, before digging more. As for the FP counter you'd have to be sure your fastracking rules are properly set and you don't have your traffic bypassing it
So, yeah, not very reliable to script against it.
Also, your joke about the optical ocean link, RX no, it might not be 0. But he was talking I think of FP Rx (actually I've seen it's FP Tx) which is not the same thing.
But, he didn't give many details. And in the ones he gave I have not seen RX 0, or TX 0, only FP Tx 0 which as i've tested above, can happen in a normal use case.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:21 am

Znevna
Weird.
YES, I agree.
Question please ask to Topic author about export, version his ROS and RB, I try do at all I could.
Topic autor not provide properly data to create right script then I give him my "better Netwatch solution" because he have only one wan interface and this is good way to solve his problem.

P.S. Maybe problem will be solve by upgrade and he have got mAP as main router but all this are "maybe".

Alaqmar12121
just joined

Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:46 am

@Sib tested the code over three days. Please check attached screen. even with netwatch setting, the internet down and back with manual disable and enable the pppoe client account

Alaqmar12121
just joined

Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:48 am

Also i refer back to first suggestion by you @Sib
I add below hope it will disable and enable pppoe account once traffic went to 0
/interface set pppoe-out1 disabled=yes
:delay 25
/interface set pppoe-out1 disabled=no
What you think?

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:17 pm

First, If you have both netwatch with the same
  • host to check
  • comment
then this stops works because a down-script read and search a proper status since from only one netwatch with upper condition. Now he not work properly.
Please stay only one netwatch with this comment.
Netwatch haven't created a schedulers after DOWN happend and not do a future fix work.
or change the DOWN-sctipt to this one who check additional the ENABLE netwatch:

/local SiBDate $1
/local SiBDateCorrected;

# Add diff time <=24h

} else={

} else={

# Day 31 for Jan..Nov

# Day 31 for Dec
      };
    };
};

};

# Select a proper Netwatch who is ENABLE and have:

# Still is status down?
local LocStatus [/tool netwatch get [find host=$LocNetWatchHost comment=$LocNetWatchHostComment disabled=no] status];

local LocSince  [/tool netwatch get [find host=$LocNetWatchHost comment=$LocNetWatchHostComment status=down disabled=no] since];

# Try MAIN ACTION 1 - PPPoE ReEnable after 20s

local SiBCrossMid [$SiBFixDateTime $LocSinceDate $LocSinceTime 20s ];

-----
About Rx=0 and action re-enable.
It was a first try but a "Traffic Monitor" detect you a "Rx=0 per 1 second" even when pppoe is working fine. This means this is not good way.
If TM have got option like... 20x happend = 20s with Rx=0 then run script - this will be your solution but TM not have build that counter.

-----
If you fix comment in not active netwatch then you receive one of the best watchdog base on ping in this forum and realy you not must cheat with TM who cannot give you a state UP to reset or dec() external counter.

Alaqmar12121
just joined

Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:26 am

I have notice when script initiated, there is so many disconnect until authenticated and connected. Is it normal?

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:53 am

I am not using a PPPoE but with other VPN-s it's common/often.

sopyan0807

Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:45 am

I think the Traffic Monitor Tool can do it

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:51 pm

sopyan0807
I think the Traffic Monitor Tool can do it
TM run's every seconds and it not check past results like NetWatch.
This means your scripts with delay command can be run multiple times. I hope now you know that TM cannot have a any delay in his script. This should be commands who run finish before 1s time.

andyh747
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:35 pm

I'm trying to use Sib's script to monitor and then action disabling/enabling the LTE interface on a LHG LTE6 unit.

I'm not experienced with scripting but I simply copied and pasted his scripts. How can I post my config so you can check it?

andyh747
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:40 pm

OK I've posted my config below. If someone could have a look to see if the UP-script and Down-script is correct that would be appreciated.
[admin@MikroTik] > /export
# oct/11/2020 14:07:32 by RouterOS 6.45.9
# software id = RMT0-MA7S
#
# model = RBLHGR
# serial number = *************
/interface lte
set [ find ] mac-address=AC:50:43:1A:EE:FD name=lte1 network-mode=lte pin=1111
/interface ethernet
set [ find default-name=ether1 ] mac-address=48:8F:5A:34:AE:B0
/interface list
add comment=defconf name=WAN
add comment=defconf name=LAN
/interface lte apn
set [ find default=yes ] apn=everywhere name=EE
add apn=3internet default-route-distance=1 name=Three
add apn=payandgo.o2.co.uk default-route-distance=1 name=O2
add apn=wap.vodafone.co.uk authentication=pap default-route-distance=1 name=\
    "Vodafone (Pay Monthly)" password=wap user=wap
add apn=pp.vodafone.co.uk authentication=pap default-route-distance=1 name=\
    "Vodafone PAYG" password=wap user=wap
/interface wireless security-profiles
set [ find default=yes ] supplicant-identity=MikroTik
/ip hotspot profile
set [ find default=yes ] html-directory=flash/hotspot
/ip pool
add name=dhcp ranges=192.168.88.10-192.168.88.254
/ip dhcp-server
add address-pool=dhcp disabled=no interface=ether1 lease-time=23h name=defconf
/system logging action
set 1 disk-lines-per-file=2000
add email-to=***@*** name=email target=email
/ip neighbor discovery-settings
set discover-interface-list=LAN
/interface list member
add comment=defconf interface=ether1 list=LAN
add comment=defconf interface=lte1 list=WAN
add list=LAN
/ip address
add address=192.168.88.1/24 comment=defconf interface=ether1 network=\
/ip dhcp-server network
add address=192.168.88.0/24 comment=defconf gateway=192.168.88.1
/ip dns
set allow-remote-requests=yes
/ip dns static
add address=192.168.88.1 comment=defconf name=router.lan
/ip firewall filter
add action=accept chain=input comment=\
    "defconf: accept established,related,untracked" connection-state=\
    established,related,untracked
add action=drop chain=input comment="defconf: drop invalid" connection-state=\
    invalid
add action=accept chain=input comment="defconf: accept ICMP" protocol=icmp
add action=accept chain=input comment=\
    "defconf: accept to local loopback (for CAPsMAN)" dst-address=127.0.0.1
add action=drop chain=input comment="defconf: drop all not coming from LAN" \
    in-interface-list=!LAN
add action=accept chain=forward comment="defconf: accept in ipsec policy" \
    ipsec-policy=in,ipsec
add action=accept chain=forward comment="defconf: accept out ipsec policy" \
    ipsec-policy=out,ipsec
add action=fasttrack-connection chain=forward comment="defconf: fasttrack" \
    connection-state=established,related
add action=accept chain=forward comment=\
    "defconf: accept established,related, untracked" connection-state=\
    established,related,untracked
add action=drop chain=forward comment="defconf: drop invalid" connection-state=\
    invalid
add action=drop chain=forward comment="defconf: drop all from WAN not DSTNATed" \
    connection-nat-state=!dstnat connection-state=new in-interface-list=WAN
/ip firewall nat
add action=masquerade chain=srcnat comment="defconf: masquerade" ipsec-policy=\
    out,none out-interface-list=WAN
/system clock
set time-zone-name=Europe/London
/system logging
set 0 action=disk
add action=disk topics=lte
add action=disk topics=gsm
/system script
add dont-require-permissions=no name=UP-script owner=admin policy=\
    ftp,reboot,read,write,policy,test,password,sniff,sensitive,romon source="/sy\
    stem scheduler remove [find where name~\"SiBexInternetWatchDog_\"];\r\r\
    \n/log warning \"RESET Netwatch scheduled DOWN-script... ISP WORKS\";\r"
add dont-require-permissions=no name=Down-script owner=admin policy=\
    ftp,reboot,read,write,policy,test,password,sniff,sensitive,romon source="# F\
    ix Crossing 24:00:00=00:00:00\r\r\
    \n/local SiBFixDateTime do={\r\r\
    \n/local SiBTimeToChange \"23:45:00\";\r\r\
    \n/local SiBTimeToChange \$2;\r\r\
    \n/local SiBTimeDiffToAdd \"60m2s\"; # diff time < 24h\r\r\
    \n/local SiBTimeDiffToAdd \$3; # diff time < 24h\r\r\
    \n#/local SiBDate \"dec/31/2020\"\r\r\
    \n/local SiBDate \$1\r\r\
    \n/local SiBDateCorrected;\r\r\r\
    \n#log warning (\"Source: \".\$SiBDate.\" \".\$SiBTimeToChange.\" + \".\$SiB\
    TimeDiffToAdd);\r\r\
    \n#put (\"Source: \".\$SiBDate.\" \".\$SiBTimeToChange.\" + \".\$SiBTimeDiff\
    ToAdd);\r\r\r\
    \n# Add diff time <=24h\r\r\
    \n/local SiBTimeAndDiffTime (\$SiBTimeToChange + \$SiBTimeDiffToAdd );\r\r\
    \n/if ([/len \$SiBTimeAndDiffTime]=8) do={/set \$SiBDateCorrected (\$SiBDate\
    .\" \".\$SiBTimeAndDiffTime); };\r\r\
    \n/if ([/len \$SiBTimeAndDiffTime]>8) do={\r  \r\
    \n/set \$SiBTimeAndDiffTime (\$SiBTimeAndDiffTime-1d);\r\r  \r\
    \n## Add 24h to date, copy time if exist.\r  \r\
    \nset \$SiBDateCorrected (\$SiBDate.\" \".\$SiBTimeAndDiffTime);\r\r  \r\
    \n# Days: 01-27\r  \r\
    \nlocal SiBDayToChange [/pick \$SiBDateCorrected 4 6;];\r \r\
    \nif (\$SiBDayToChange<=27) do={\r      \r\
    \nset \$SiBDayToChange (\$SiBDayToChange+1);\r      \r\
    \nif ([/len \$SiBDayToChange]=1) do={set \$SiBDayToChange (\"0\".\$SiBDayToC\
    hange)}\r      \r\
    \nset \$SiBDateCorrected ( [/pick \$SiBDateCorrected 0 4].\$SiBDayToChange.[\
    /pick \$SiBDateCorrected 6 20] );\r    } else={\r      \r\
    \nif (\$SiBDayToChange!=31) do={\r\r          \r\
    \n# Days: 28..30; Main magic do internal scheduler.\r          \r\
    \n/system scheduler remove [find name=SiBTempScheduler2qw34er5v78bn90m];\r  \
    \_      \r\
    \n/system scheduler add name=SiBTempScheduler2qw34er5v78bn90m on-event={noth\
    ing } start-time=00:00:01 start-date=( [/pick \$SiBDateCorrected 0 4].(\$SiB\
    DayToChange+1).[/pick \$SiBDateCorrected 6 11 ] );\r          \r\
    \nset \$SiBDateCorrected ([system scheduler get [find name=SiBTempScheduler2\
    qw34er5v78bn90m] start-date].[/pick \$SiBDateCorrected 11 20 ]);\r         \
    \r\
    \n/system scheduler remove [find name=SiBTempScheduler2qw34er5v78bn90m];\r  \
    \_     } else={\r\r          \r\
    \n# Day 31 for Jan..Nov\r          \r\
    \n/local SiBMonths (\"jan\",\"feb\",\"mar\",\"apr\",\"may\",\"jun\",\"jul\",\
    \"aug\",\"sep\",\"oct\",\"nov\",\"dec\");\r          \r\
    \n/local SiBMounthToChange [/pick \$SiBDateCorrected 0 3];\r          for x \
    from=0 to=10 do={if ([/pick \$SiBMonths \$x]=\$SiBMounthToChange) do={ set \
    \$SiBDateCorrected ([pick \$SiBMonths (\$x+1)].\"/01\".[/pick \$SiBDateCorre\
    cted 6 20 ]) }}\r\r          \r\
    \n# Day 31 for Dec\r         \r\
    \nif (\$SiBMounthToChange=\"dec\") do={ set \$SiBDateCorrected (\"jan/01/\".\
    ([/pick \$SiBDateCorrected 7 11]+1).[/pick \$SiBDateCorrected 11 20] )}\r   \
    \_  };\r    };\r};\r\r\r\
    \n#log warning (\"New date time: \".\$SiBDateCorrected);\r\r\
    \n#put (\"New date time: \".\$SiBDateCorrected);\r\r\
    \n:return \$SiBDateCorrected\r\r\
    \n};\r\r\
    \n\r\
    \n# Select a proper Netwatch who is ENABLE and have:\r\r\
    \nlocal LocNetWatchHost 1.1.1.1;\r\r\
    \nlocal LocNetWatchHostComment \"InternetWatchDog\";\r\r\r\
    \n# Still is status down\?\r\r\
    \nlocal LocStatus [/tool netwatch get [find host=\$LocNetWatchHost comment=\
    \$LocNetWatchHostComment disabled=no] status];\rif (\$LocStatus != \"down\")\
    \_do={/quit;}\r\r\r\
    \n# Convert the Netwatch SINCE to separate date and time of current down-tim\
    e.\r\r\
    \nlocal LocSince  [/tool netwatch get [find host=\$LocNetWatchHost \r\
    \ncomment=\$LocNetWatchHostComment status=down disabled=no] since];\r\r\
    \nlocal LocSinceDate ([/pick \$LocSince 0 11]);\r\r\
    \nlocal LocSinceTime ([/pick \$LocSince 12 20]);\r\r\r\
    \n# Add action to future via scheduler\r\r\
    \n/system scheduler remove [find where name~\"SiBexInternetWatchDog_v\"];\r\
    \r\r\
    \n# Try MAIN ACTION 1 - LTE ReEnable after 20s\r\r\r\
    \nlocal SiBCrossMid [\$SiBFixDateTime \$LocSinceDate \$LocSinceTime 20s ];\r\
    \r\
    \nlocal SiBStartDate [pick \$SiBCrossMid 0 11];\r\r\
    \nlocal SiBStartTime [pick \$SiBCrossMid 12 20];\r\r\
    \n/system scheduler add name=SiBexInternetWatchDog_v1 on-event={/interface l\
    te disable lte1; /interface lte enable lte1;} start-date=\$SiBStartDate star\
    t-time=\$SiBStartTime;\r\rlog error \"stop Netwatch DOWN-script, Future acti\
    on are scheduled\";\r"
/tool e-mail
set address=smtp.gmail.com from=andydhanson@gmail.com password=aslvhsneuerswrwv \
    port=587 start-tls=yes user=andydhanson@gmail.com
/tool mac-server
set allowed-interface-list=LAN
/tool mac-server mac-winbox
set allowed-interface-list=LAN
/tool netwatch
add comment=InternetWatchDog down-script="/system script run DOWN-script  \r\
    \nlog error \"start Netwatch DOWN-script...\";" host=1.1.1.1 interval=5s \
    timeout=500ms up-script="/system script run UP-script "
/tool sms
set allowed-number=,,,,, port=lte1 receive-enabled=yes
[admin@MikroTik] > 

andyh747
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:38 pm

I was getting script run errors with the log showing not enough permissions. I ticked the box not requiring permissions and the scripts are now running when the LTE connection goes down. Just need to fully test now on a live setup.

Thanks SiB for posting the scripts and all the work you've done on it.