- Ability to choose script operating mode according to your needs. (Read below)
- Script creates backups of the whole system and exported config.
- You can set a preferred update channel.
- If automatic updates are enabled, you can set script to install only patch versions of RouterOS updates. This means if the current RouterOS version is v6.43.6, the script will automatically install v6.43.7 (new patch version) but not v6.44.0 (new minor version), for example.
- Script includes primary information about the device into the email message. So you can easily find the backup you need among multiple devices.
- For safety purposes, an automatic update process will not be started if script could not send backups to email.
- Routerboard firmware can be automatically upgraded according to the installed RouterOS version.
Script operating modes:
Backups only - script creates system and config backups and sends them to specified email as an attachment. Using email account as storage for your backups.
Backups and notifications about new RouterOS release - Except backups, script also checks for new RouterOS firmware release and provides this information in the email.
Backups and automatic RouterOS upgrade - Script makes a backup, then checks for new RouterOS version, and if new firmware released, script will initiate upgrade process. By the end, you receive two emails. The first one contains system backups of the previous RouterOS version, the second message will be sent when the upgrade process is done.
Here is a script and installation manual: https://github.com/beeyev/Mikrotik-Rout ... and-update