Community discussions

MikroTik App

reion
just joined
Topic Author

CAP-script

Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:24 pm

Hi to all!
As I am not experienced in scripting, I am asking for help!
In Caps-Man installation I need a script which will check in ip neighbors list, sort mac-addresses and connect to everyone via mac-telnet just to upload configs, like system identity, IP address, and others... For example first mac-address get identity AP1 and ip address 10.0.0.1...
Thanks for everyone!
Maybe there is another way to do this?

vasilevkirill
Trainer
Trainer

Re: CAP-script

Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:48 am

Hello
I think you have chosen the wrong approach to solving the problem.

Let's try to reason
you have 10 access points, the first of them is the MAC address *AA: 05, you somehow give it the first IP address as the lowest MAC address, but what if the access point appears in the future with the address *AA:04?

You can use netinstall to change the default config, or tr069 and process the logic on the side.

reion
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:30 pm

you have 10 access points, the first of them is the MAC address *AA: 05, you somehow give it the first IP address as the lowest MAC address, but what if the access point appears in the future with the address *AA:04?
Hi!
First I need to run this script only one time at installation moment. 2. I disable bridge auto-mac and admin-mac to ethernet interface. tr069 might be a solution!
Thanks for idea!
And no, I have not 10 AP's but 100...

vasilevkirill
Trainer
Trainer

Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:27 pm

OK

You understood me wrong

Well let's say you have 100 access points.

one of them died (the second point, since its MAC address is the second highest), you bought another from a new batch and its MAC address is more than all the others, do you have to redo all IP addresses?

Do not get attached to the MAC + IP