MikroTik App

laithusa
just joined
Topic Author

Disable or Enable any item in mikrotik by using Terminal

Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:14 pm

Hi guys.
How is it going?
A question about using terminal for disabling or enabling any item,interface..etc in mikrotik .Suppose you have RB433.you would like to disable/enable the ether1 .I renamed the ether1 to (POE).
IF I do this command in the terminal ,the command will be performed at once .
[admin@ADMIN LAITH] > /interface ethernet
switch blink cable-test comment disable edit enable export find monitor print reset-counters reset-mac-address set unset
[admin@ADMIN LAITH] > /interface ethernet disable
LAN WAN numbers POE
[admin@ADMIN LAITH] > /interface ethernet disable POE
[admin@ADMIN LAITH] >
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But if I put the command like in the image down,the terminal tells me there is a wrong .

Anyone explain me why the last command was wrong ? IS there rules to disable/enable anything in mikrotik system? with thanks

2frogs
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Disable or Enable any item in mikrotik by using Terminal

Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:15 pm

You was in the wrong menu. Lists can only be added or removed, but members can be disable. Sometimes the flow between Winbox and CLI can be seeming backwards...
interface list member set [find list=POE] disabled=yes

laithusa
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Disable or Enable any item in mikrotik by using Terminal

Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:08 am

You was in the wrong menu. Lists can only be added or removed, but members can be disable. Sometimes the flow between Winbox and CLI can be seeming backwards...
interface list member set [find list=POE] disabled=yes
THANKS A LOT ....But POE actually is an ethernet ( member of list ) but not a list .We all know that the list is/ a record of short pieces of information,so let us say that the POE is a member not a list .That issue is so confusing!!!!!