Community discussions

MikroTik App

jimmanni
just joined
Topic Author

File Creation - User Skin Files via Script

Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:58 pm

Greetings to all,
I have been looking for a solution to create skin files using scripting while Net installing.
Following all the known workarounds such as :
/file print file=
/tool fetch url=ftp://127.0.0.1/xxxxx.txt upload=no dst-path/skins/xxxxx.json user=xxxxx password="xxxx"
do{} while={} to make sure i am getting a finished status of off the fetch.
What i am having as an issue is that i am getting a 503 Login Incorect EVERY SINGLE TIME, trying to either NetInstall, or Run config after reset.
The commands, do work via terminal within Winbox of course after the device is "fully up" .
I have tried various scenarios for users, addresses, policies, firewalls, to get the SAME RESULT each and every time, meaning, when the script is running during NetInstall or run-after-reset i get the 503 which is actually and error, breaking the script.
The on-error={} just saves me from breaking the script, yet, the 503 error is still there, meaning /tool fetch does not work during that period (the netinstall period) since the /skins/file.json is not created.
Delays on both the start of the script and between some of the lines of the script, do not change the behaviour. (even tried a 60s delay just for the hell of it)
Is there anyone, that has a solution for this, or, someone who knows why i keep getting the 503 Login Incorrect during netinstall or run after reset, OR MAYBE someone who really know when and how the ftp service is going up?

jimmanni
just joined
Topic Author

Re: File Creation - User Skin Files via Script

Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:05 am

I think I am close to a solution on this. Having Netinstall deployment creating the files upon reset to default configuration of the device.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:11 am

Why you need that instead of put inside the file with drag & drop?

jimmanni
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:20 pm

Ok, best solution is branding package.