Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

lukef
Topic Author

uptime-used

Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:31 pm

Hey Guys I have another curly one. Being new to the product i dont really know what im doing but would like some direction. Basically we are using hotspot with usermanger and we have a script that sets the transfer limit to 300mb. We then have a reset-counters script that runs at midnight, so basically the users get 300mb per day. THis is working fine with credits, but we are having difficulties with the users wanting to keep their time once they log off instead of it running down even when they are not using the system. So basically the only solution i have found is that we use the uptime-limit. The issue with that is our reset counters script also resets the uptime so the users never actually run out of time. Is there anyway i can make a script that will either only reset the traffic counters, or a script that can write to the uptime-used parameter so we can reset the counters and then add the uptime usage back into the system using script variables
Any ideas are appreciated
Cheers Luke

fosben
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: uptime-used

Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:18 pm

no, you can only edit the variables you can edit in the usermanager web interface.