jschulze
just joined
Topic Author

Importing certificate from script

Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:35 pm

Hi,

trying to import a certificate from script :
/certificate import file-name "filename"

The problem is that the script stops execution asking for the passphrase. In my case, no passphrase is needed. When I hit return on the console, script execution continues. How does one automate this ? Tried :putting \r or \n to the console, but that does not seem to work. Help is appreciated.

J

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Importing certificate from script

Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:48 pm

specify passphares=""

jschulze
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:01 pm

I tried that, but no where in the string :

/certificate import file-name=filename

it seems allowed to add a passphrase="" option. The cursor turns red when entering this on the command line, and within the script it throws an error. Could you give me the complete syntax for this ?

Many thanks

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:07 pm

Sorry my mistake this parameter cannot be used from console so you can't import certificates from script.

jschulze
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:13 pm

Oops, that's a disappointment as I would like to automate the whole procedure. You can imagine the pain when rolling out hundreds of VPN clients !

Is there a workaround where I could send a CR/LF to the console to kind of answer the 'passphrase'question ? I already tried :put "\r" , even with a preceeding delay, but that also does not seem to work.

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:17 pm

Not directly from RouterOS. You will have to use, for example, expect script that will telnet to router and execute commands.

jschulze
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:39 pm

Telnetting to the router to execute commands does not really appeal to me. Before I venture into writing a DLL embedding your API, could you confirm it is possible to import certificates using the API ?

janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:17 pm

it is easy to do that through API:
 /certificate/import
=file-name=cert.pem
and no prompts

jschulze
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:39 am

Thanks for the info. Got a wrapper for the API up and running, and when sending /certificate/print, I do get the information I expected to get back on my socket. Next step to send the /certificate/import command.

vemax78
just joined

Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:51 pm

Sorry for resume old thread. I have same problem.

Can you give the possibility to "import certificates without password" even by scripts ?
It is sufficient when importing "certificate without a password" that is not require to hit return.
This feature should not reduce the safety of the device, there are no passwords in the clear and the private key is already plain text.

I can not use the Mikrotik API and would like to add automatically a certificate using scripts (for example for configure from remote a device by auto-provisiong).

Is a feature possible ?

Thanks
Massimo

Ehman

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:15 pm

Sorry for resume old thread. I have same problem.

Can you give the possibility to "import certificates without password" even by scripts ?
It is sufficient when importing "certificate without a password" that is not require to hit return.
This feature should not reduce the safety of the device, there are no passwords in the clear and the private key is already plain text.

I can not use the Mikrotik API and would like to add automatically a certificate using scripts (for example for configure from remote a device by auto-provisiong).

Is a feature possible ?

Thanks
Massimo
same issue here, I want to import a cert with a script, but the passphase .....dammm :(