Community discussions

MikroTik App

ZamNam
just joined
Topic Author

Hide A host from hosts List

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:14 am

Hello

I was wondering if there was a script to Auto hide an ip or an ip range from the hosts list in Hotspot all the time

I have read on the scripting http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Scripting but i am still lost

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Hide A host from hosts List

Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:35 pm

No. The moment the hotspot sees a packet, they will show up again. Running a script scheduled every second is a great way introducing problems and keeping the router too busy to route packets when you need it to. The solution to your issue is not cosmetic (hide the hosts), but to change your network design so that they aren't behind the Hotspot in the first place. Without knowing anything else about your network VLANs can possibly be used in that regard.
Specific answers require specific questions. When in doubt, post the output of "/ip address print detail", "/ip route print detail", "/interface print detail", "/ip firewall export", and an accurate network diagram.

ZamNam
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:13 pm

No. The moment the hotspot sees a packet, they will show up again. Running a script scheduled every second is a great way introducing problems and keeping the router too busy to route packets when you need it to. The solution to your issue is not cosmetic (hide the hosts), but to change your network design so that they aren't behind the Hotspot in the first place. Without knowing anything else about your network VLANs can possibly be used in that regard.
Hello, thanks for the reply, well lets say it is a lab environment, i just wanna test it this way not for a productive environment

Can you provide me with the script please

By the way will that script hide it only or kick the host ?

Thank you again

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:26 pm

It will kick the host.
/ip hotspot host remove where address~"your pattern here"
Then schedule that to run periodically.

I have no idea why you'd even test it in a lab given how bad of an idea it is.
Specific answers require specific questions. When in doubt, post the output of "/ip address print detail", "/ip route print detail", "/interface print detail", "/ip firewall export", and an accurate network diagram.