Community discussions

aidanok
just joined
Topic Author

Acting as UPnP client to open ports on another router.

Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:38 am

Hey I'm very new to RouterOS, and I'm wondering if its possible, via scripting, to open a port on another router using UPnP, ie, act as a UPnP client.

Anyone in here knows if this is straight-forward.. or is it possible at all ?

Thanks.

janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Acting as UPnP client to open ports on another router.

Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:04 am

uPnP is protocol with packet exchange to establish nat rules. i would not attempt to create/recreate it via scripting. Easier would be to run some guest as metarouter and use already made program to manipulate upnp.

zkosev
just joined

Re: Acting as UPnP client to open ports on another router.

Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:50 pm

Hi,
I have LTE USB modem, Huawei E3372 which is acting like a router. IT appears as LTE interface (on interface list), and is reachable at IP 192.168.8.1. Automatic DHCP client for that interface is assigned with IP 198.168.8.100/24 with GW 192.168.8.1.
Outgoing traffic is OK, this device is acting as NAT router, and works fine. I need to access the Mikrotik router from mobile network side. I have static IP on my SIM card, but this LTE USB modem is completely closed from that side.
Opening with browser the IP 192.168.8.1 brings me to a very poor menu. There is no option to change LAN parameters, and in security tab, there is only option to enable UPnP. How can I simulate on my Mikrotik to act as UPnP client, and to open ports on this USB LTE modem for remote access, for example for port 22 (SSH) or 8291 (WinBox) ?
Any idea ?
Regards