Community discussions

sheshes
just joined
Topic Author

Hotspot with mac recognition no login

Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:45 pm

Hello guys, I want to create a hotspot to make users enter their personal details if their MAC address don't exist in the database to enter the network eitherwise if the already registered (their MAC exists) then it just connects the user automatically.

Is Mikrotik keeping a MAC address database that I can simply call in my alogin.html? or I have to host my own database parsing the records from the Mikrotik?

Also which option should I choose to login by in hotspot setup?

Thanks

kraker
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Hotspot with mac recognition no login

Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:06 pm

hi

you can do it with html post function to the remote login server and save that mac address on mysql server with php.Than compare each login request posted mac with mysql databse.we are using this method for sms authentication.each user get one time sms password at same day.they can not receive second sms at same they..also we are using this table for blaccklist sms number.if admin add some number to the blacklist table that number can't receive sms..

you can do it accord.. this..

sheshes
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:03 am

Thanks for ur reply. This is the solution i have built as well. I seem to have problem receuving the variables from mikrotik's login html.
I tried with a simple logintest.php and all my variable fields are empty. mac etc.
Do i have to set anything else on mikrotik's hotspot to enable mac address etc?

kraker
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:31 pm

http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/HotSpot_e ... login_page.

follow this article.many thinks are explained.