MikroTik App

luckysunny
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Bandwidth Shaping Help Needed

Sun May 07, 2023 1:51 pm

Hello to all my mikrotik friends,

i need help about an problem. i have total 50Mb and have 10 users i want to divide 50mb into 10 user each 5mb and when all user are active they get 5mb and when 2 user active they get 25mb Each same if 3 users active they get speed divided to each one equal. how can i do this. please someone guide me.

Tzafar790
just joined

Re: Bandwidth Shaping Help Needed

Mon May 08, 2023 2:37 pm

You can achieve this by using Quality of Service (QoS) settings on your router. QoS allows you to prioritize traffic and allocate bandwidth based on specific rules.

To divide your 50Mb internet speed among 10 users, you can set a bandwidth limit of 5Mb for each user. This will ensure that each user gets an equal share of the available bandwidth when all users are active.

To allocate more bandwidth to fewer users when there are fewer active users, you can use the QoS settings to adjust the bandwidth allocation dynamically based on the number of active users. For example, if there are only two users active, you can allocate 25Mb to each user.

The specific steps for configuring QoS on your router will depend on the model and firmware version of your router. You may need to consult your router's user manual or contact the manufacturer's technical support for guidance on how to set up QoS.