Community discussions

MikroTik App

mlstephens
just joined
Topic Author

Newbie help required

Sat May 06, 2023 8:45 pm

Hi,

I'm a real NEWBIE to router configuration and need some Basic router help.

I think i'd better state what i'm trying to achieve first of all - I'm trying to connect my recently purchased mAP 2ND to a ubiquiti nanostation M2 Loco in order to gain improved wifi reception when I connect to caravan site internet access points.
I had this setup previously with a mAP 2N and all worked correctly with the nanostation as a station and the mAP set as WISP in bridge mode and using the Ethernet 2 POE to power the nanostation. I was able to access nanostation behind the mAP and amend the caravan site access names as required. Unfortunately the original mAP failed and I have had to replace with a new mAP 2ND.
I have tried to set the mAP up with screen shots I had from the previous setup changing the mode to bridge in quick set and updating the relative IP addresses. As soon as I do this I lose connection to the mAP and can no longer access it with either Winbox or an browser connection and have to reset.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

manolis940
just joined

Re: Newbie help required

Mon May 08, 2023 10:41 pm

Are you try to change port or connecting wirelless after setting it up to bridge mode?