Community discussions

MikroTik App

DyadyaGenya
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Is it possible to transfer data from the script to Graphing

Wed May 10, 2023 12:16 pm

Is it possible to collect data using a script and pass it to Graphing?

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Is it possible to transfer data from the script to Graphing

Wed May 10, 2023 12:35 pm

Unfortunately no.

DyadyaGenya
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed May 10, 2023 8:38 pm

Unfortunately no.
Suppose I collect data from the LTE interface (Siera modem) with a script. They come out like this:
Mode: ONLINE 
RSSI: -59;-65;-63;-67
SINR: 3.4
RSRP: -89;-97;-94;-96
RSRQ: -11.5
LTE band: B3 
LTE bw: 20 MHz 
LTE CA state: INACTIVE 
LTE Scell band: B7 
LTE Scell bw: 15 MHz
This data is constantly changing. How else can I constantly monitor the signal level? Where could these changes be displayed? Is it possible to do this in the terminal like the htop command in Linux?

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed May 10, 2023 8:46 pm

of course you can write a script that displays the interesting data in a loop (e.g. every few seconds), and when you start that from the terminal you can look at it.
you can even maintain some derived values in the script and display them as well, like average, average over last minute, lowest, highest, whatever.

it is also possible to call a script from SNMP. you can then graph it on another system with the wellknown graphing tools that work over SNMP.

I think it would be a nice addition to allow adding of a graph rule that is bound to a script, and that graphs the output of that script. I have proposed it before.
(it could e.g. be used to graph temperature, voltage, number of routes, etc)

DyadyaGenya
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed May 10, 2023 8:59 pm

of course you can write a script that displays the interesting data in a loop (e.g. every few seconds), and when you start that from the terminal you can look at it.
you can even maintain some derived values in the script and display them as well, like average, average over last minute, lowest, highest, whatever.

it is also possible to call a script from SNMP. you can then graph it on another system with the wellknown graphing tools that work over SNMP.

I think it would be a nice addition to allow adding of a graph rule that is bound to a script, and that graphs the output of that script. I have proposed it before.
(it could e.g. be used to graph temperature, voltage, number of routes, etc)
But is it possible to display information in the terminal as on the screen?
https://itgap.ru/static/uploads/posts/2 ... 18ab06.jpg
I could not figure out how to insert an image here, so I inserted a link to the first screenshot of the "htop" command that came across. The picture above shows the CPU and memory usage.

DyadyaGenya
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed May 10, 2023 9:04 pm

I understand that this is done in a loop and there is already an option where everything is written in a line. And the new line, as it were, continues the columns. But this is not very convenient. I want a graphic display.