Community discussions

MikroTik App

orangehead
just joined
Topic Author

reset not doing what i need and netinstall is failing

Wed May 10, 2023 12:26 pm

Hi,
I have a new Routerboard wap lr8 kit. I played around with the settings and clicked on restore settings and suddenly the wifi is not coming up anymore. i think i removed the wifi adapter.... and did not open the firewall on the lan port!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So i made a restart with the reset button clicked for 5 seconds but the wifi led doesend come up anymore.
So i tried to go with netinstall (its my first time), installed long term 6.48.6 for windows , downloaded the "RouterOS current release" from the lr8 page(version7.9) got the correct device on the netinstall-list in the left corner and when clicked install i got the error "netinstall version 6.48.6 is too old board supports versions from 6.49".
discovered that the lr8 has the version 7.x and downloaded netinstall 7.9c5 but the error message "netinstall version 6.48.6 is too old board supports versions from 6.49" comes up every time.
So i reverted the PC to yesterdays snapshot but the error remains.
Then i cleared the registry from all netinstall stuff i found, but the error remains.

so my questions.....
why the default settings are not coming up when restarting with the reset button pressed?
why the error message keeps coming?
what do i miss......

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: reset not doing what i need and netinstall is failing

Thu May 11, 2023 10:16 pm

First netinstall using 6.49.6.
Then you can move up.
Apparently the gap between current boot version 6.48 and 7.something is too big. So you first need to set a new base version.

Why reset doesn't seem to work ? No clue. It should.