Community discussions

MikroTik App

Miracles
just joined
Topic Author

Should I upgrade?

Sat May 13, 2023 4:24 am

Hello everyone.
I am a penetration tester working from home, and my work involves a lot of heavy network I/O (port scanning, fuzzing, webapp scanning, crawling - you name it). I perform these scans on a computer connected via Ethernet to my hAP ax3, which is connected to ZXA10 F601 provided to me by the ISP. Multiple home devices (TVs, laptops, phones and whatnot) are also connected to my router. My internet plan currently is 1gbps, but there might be an option to upgrade to 2gbps. My question would be - is it worth it for me to upgrade to RB5009UPr+S+IN to try and eliminate the ZXA10 provided by the ISP? Would there be any (even if slight) increase in performance if I switched to RB5009UPr+S+IN instead of the hAP ax3?
Thank you for any answers in advance

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Should I upgrade?

Sat May 13, 2023 8:31 am

Rb5009 is a bit beefier then AX3 performance-wise.
Check test results for 25 rules and compare.

Both are very decent devices.

Miracles
just joined
Topic Author

Sun May 14, 2023 7:55 am

Rb5009 is a bit beefier then AX3 performance-wise.
Check test results for 25 rules and compare.

Both are very decent devices.
I see; thank you. I think I'll upgrade and use the ax3 as an AP.
By the way. do you by chance know what SFP modules I can use? I have an SC/UPC GPON fiber (blue wire cover with white tip) I believe. https://www.optcore.net/product/gpon-on ... ansceiver/
Could this one possibly work with the RB5009?

mukkelek
just joined

Sun May 14, 2023 1:02 pm

RB5009UPr+S+IN Can this be purchased somewhere in the EU, or is it just for display on the MikroTik website? I would also like to upgrade, but I can't spend my money with them because I can't purchase it.

Miracles
just joined
Topic Author

Sun May 14, 2023 1:07 pm

RB5009UPr+S+IN Can this be purchased somewhere in the EU, or is it just for display on the MikroTik website? I would also like to upgrade, but I can't spend my money with them because I can't purchase it.
I found and ordered it from https://nasstore.eu/product/mikrotik-rb5009uprsin/