Community discussions

MikroTik App

gudvinr
just joined
Topic Author

Forward SOCKS server traffic through specific interface

Mon May 15, 2023 9:05 pm

So, I want to enable /ip/socks proxy on mikrotik router for users in LAN but forward everything to interface other than WAN (wireguard peer, to be exact). I use hAP ac².

I do not see anything related to this in SOCKS settings but I have a feeling that it is somehow possible to do through VRF, although I am not sure what I need to do for that.

I'd really appreciate any help and/or guidance in the right direction. Thanks.

optio
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Forward SOCKS server traffic through specific interface

Mon May 15, 2023 9:30 pm

You want to Socks proxy to be a tunnel for Wireguard connection so that network clients doesn't need Wireguard client installed on devices?
See anav guide viewtopic.php?t=182340 ((3) CONFIGURING THE IP ROUTES) how to configure IP routes for Wireguard connection and set use-WG to Sock proxy VRF and see if works.

gudvinr
just joined
Topic Author

Tue May 16, 2023 12:51 am

You want to Socks proxy to be a tunnel for Wireguard connection so that network clients doesn't need Wireguard client installed on devices?
Yeah, pretty much. I don't want to route all traffic through the tunnel, but I have some clients on the network that don't have any ways to install wg client.

accuratecool
just joined

Wed May 17, 2023 11:12 am

See anav guide viewtopic.php?t=182340 ((3) CONFIGURING THE IP ROUTES) how to configure IP routes for Wireguard connection and set use-WG to Sock proxy VRF and see if works.
I changed the use-WG setting to Sock proxy VRF and it worked.

SANBOR
just joined

Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:21 pm

The link is broken, please guide me how to fix this problem

optio
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:55 pm

You can find deleted topics on web.archive.org, http://web.archive.org/web/202302010600 ... p?t=182340