MikroTik App

geolab87
just joined
Topic Author

Bandwidth settings for streaming/browsing

Thu May 18, 2023 1:38 am

Hi everybody from Greece!
Beginner mode:ON!

My first attempt to help a friend with his small network in their family hotel(12 rooms). Right now they have this setup:
Provider Router connected to a MikroTik hEX (eth1)
eth2=Ubiquiti AP AC Lite
eth3=Outdoor Antenna 1 (Unifi AP Outdoor+)
eth4=Outdoor Antenna 2 (Unifi AP Outdoor+)
Because they dont have good speeds from the provider max=10Mbps we found a spot with 4g signal and we get speeds from 40 till 60Mbps.
So we ll connect the 4g router with the mikrotik.
My problem is with the bandwidth control. Because some clients they use netfilx in their tablets or smartphones, i was thinking of splitting the speed 70% for streaming and 30% for browsing.
But because the speed its not stable is there an option of getting automatically the speed that it has in real time and execute the rules that we have?

Thanks a lot and sorry for my mistakes!

Dpol
just joined

Re: Bandwidth settings for streaming/browsing

Thu May 18, 2023 8:01 pm

Καλησπέρα, μια ιδέα ρίχνω, δεν έχω ασχοληθεί, είμαι και εγώ noobάς. :)

Regarding the Netflix limitation you can have an idea from this guy in the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcxgsucUkiw

Also, I think that it might be possible to use both ISP's land line and the 4G for a combined result, you can direct the browsing through ISP and get netflix through the much faster 4G but you still need to set a good qos in order for everybody to be able to use it.
Unfortunately I don't have the knowledge to guide you through this kind of setup.