Community discussions

MikroTik App

Josephny
Topic Author

More Snoopability

Fri May 19, 2023 1:39 pm

I am totally loving the MT environment (and sharing that love with anyone who'll listen).

On the wireless side, I would really like to be able to know more about what stations are connecting and the details of those connections.

I've played with Wireless Sniffer, Scan, Freq. Usage, Snooper, Registration and Connect List. They each provide tons of info.

I would like to be able to make a list of wireless devices (stations, access points, etc.) that includes MAC addresses, frequency, channel, signal strength, etc. as well as something to more readily ID which device.

I can manually transcribe MAC addresses into an excel spreadsheet and try to ID them, but doing so is a PITA and maintaining it is impossible (manually).

Here's more of what I mean.

Snippet of a Sniffer capture:

sniff1.JPG

And here is a Snooper capture:

snoop1.JPG

And here is a scan:

scan1.JPG

And here is a log:

log1.JPG

I would like to be able to have a report of some sort that identifies these devices in a way that is meaningful to me.

For example, I have a bunch of APs -- which one is 74:AC:B9:21:85:20?

And, what are devices 40:F5:20:6A:26:EC and EA:63:DA:68:FC:67?

And, with multiple APs, each AP hears a different (but partially overlapping) set of packets.

My curiousity runneth over.

Possible?

Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Josephny
Topic Author

Re: More Snoopability

Fri May 19, 2023 2:58 pm

The output of a local port scan using Advanced Port Scanner is great because it shows the netbios name (I think that's where the Name data comes from) and manufacturer.

Any chance that info can be added or associated into a scan or report of packets by the MT devices?

advport1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.