Community discussions

MikroTik App

canerandagio
just joined
Topic Author

chateau lte 12 - aggregate more cells of different BTS

Thu May 18, 2023 4:56 pm

Hi, as the title suggests, I use a Mikrotik Chateau LTE12 and I would like to configure it to aggregate 3 cells.

Now I can connect to the BTS 67022 with B20. https://lteitaly.it/it/internal/map.php#bts=22210.67022
Or at the BTS 68055 with B1 and B3 aggregate. https://lteitaly.it/it/internal/map.php#bts=22210.68055

I would like to be able to aggregate B1, B3 and B20 (of the other BTS), some time ago I did it but now it doesn't do it anymore.

I tried in 2 ways:
1) From the Winbox interface, in the LTE section, I chose all three bands.
2) From the Winbox Interface LTE AT-CAT LT1 Input Consul = "AT+QNWlock = \" Common/4G \ ", 3, 6400, 208, 525, 291, 1850, 222"

With this configuration it only hooks to B1 and B3, excluding the B20 which is the one with the best signal, so for the moment, until I find a solution to aggregate all three, I left only B20.

Can all 3 bands be aggregated?

Thank you

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: chateau lte 12 - aggregate more cells of different BTS

Fri May 19, 2023 8:42 pm

One thing is inter-eNodeB CA support ... and both modem and network have to support it. Another thing is configuration of actual base stations to support that kind of CA between them. And the later is up to MNO to configure. There's no way for you to force modem doing CA if MNO didn't configure/enable it.
Not likely, but MNO might have disabled CA between that particular pair of base stations for some reason. You may want to ask them about it.

canerandagio
just joined
Topic Author

Sat May 20, 2023 12:01 pm

One thing is inter-eNodeB CA support ... and both modem and network have to support it. Another thing is configuration of actual base stations to support that kind of CA between them. And the later is up to MNO to configure. There's no way for you to force modem doing CA if MNO didn't configure/enable it.
Not likely, but MNO might have disabled CA between that particular pair of base stations for some reason. You may want to ask them about it.
Thanks for the reply, but I did not understand what you are talking about, maybe you used too many acronyms.
I am only an apparatus of computer science, not a preference technician.

Could you explain yourself as if not by talking to an expert?

Thank you

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat May 20, 2023 12:23 pm

You talk about BTS, B1, B3, B20, LTE AT-CAT yet claim not to understand the acronyms when someone responds at the same level ?

CA Carrier aggregation
MNO mobile network operator

It could be your mobile operator does not support combining cells from different antennae.

canerandagio
just joined
Topic Author

Sat May 20, 2023 1:18 pm

You talk about BTS, B1, B3, B20, LTE AT-CAT yet claim not to understand the acronyms when someone responds at the same level ?

CA Carrier aggregation
MNO mobile network operator

It could be your mobile operator does not support combining cells from different antennae.
😂😂😂I I was the first to use the acronyms, and you were adequate, true!

Ok thanks for the explanation,
however for a few days I have been monitoring the LTE connection, and it seems that it is aggregating all three frequencies alone.
So very well. But other times he did not do it.