Community discussions

MikroTik App

giguard
Topic Author

cAP ax w/ Wifiwave2 CAPSMAN, all of sudden all devices receive authentication error

Sun May 21, 2023 12:42 pm

Hi,
I've got one cAP ax controlled fully through Wifiwave2 CAPSMAN on another Mikrotik unit. Both are on version 7.9.
Ran okay for something like 2 - 3 days then all of sudden, all of the devices connected to this cAP got disconnected.
Any attempt to reconnect would simply fail. I'm pretty sure it was complaining about authentication (on the mobile units, not cAP).
I wasn't getting anything from the logs (On cAP ax and also on CAPSMAN) at the time other than a lot of connect and disconnect messages. (FYI, I didn't have debug on for wireless)
I tried provisioning it again from the CAPSMAN but no go.
I then rebooted cAP ax. All started working again. Mind you tho, 2ghz came up straight away while 5ghz took quite a while.
The time difference between the first connection on 2ghz and to first connection on 5ghz was a minute and a half (90 sec).
This is expected?
Anyway, is there anything I should do when this happens again so I may be of some help to developers?

Thx.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: cAP ax w/ Wifiwave2 CAPSMAN, all of sudden all devices receive authentication error

Sun May 21, 2023 2:28 pm

Try 7.10b5.
Some reported it solved their issues.

giguard
Topic Author

Re: cAP ax w/ Wifiwave2 CAPSMAN, all of sudden all devices receive authentication error

Mon May 22, 2023 3:33 am

Try 7.10b5.
Some reported it solved their issues.
Okay. I'll give it a go when I get desperate.
The problem doesn't appear that frequent enough to force me to endeavor on a bleeding edge experience.