Community discussions

MikroTik App

RobertoTik
just joined
Topic Author

Mikrotik Poe switch + Ubiquiti U6-LR ISSUE

Tue May 23, 2023 7:52 pm

Hi there! I was wondering if somebody else has run into this problem:

I got a crs328-24p-4s+ ( https://mikrotik.com/product/crs328_24p_4s_rm ) powering a U6-LR ( http://dl-origin.ubnt.com/ds/u6-lr_ds.pdf ), I was using the previous 24v model (UAP-AC-LR) before without issues.

The U6-LR works without problems at first, but after some time it starts to get very slow and there a huge timeouts gaps when I ping at devices from the router, its very noticeable and the only way to fix it is to restart the U6-LR.

I noticed this happens only in the two sites where I have that setup, so I used a 48v pasive injector and connected it to another non poe switch and it worked! No issues for a week so far. Does anybody encountered this problem or know the cause for this?

I attached the power reading when connected directly to the AP (always 52.2v and about 8.3W) and also the transformer im using with the poe injector.

Thanks!

PD: Im doing a new test right now, im still using the poe injector but connected to a port in the crs328-24p-4s+ (I disabled PoE on that port before), to rule out an issue with the config in the poe switch itself.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RobertoTik
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Mikrotik Poe switch + Ubiquiti U6-LR ISSUE

Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:46 pm

UPDATE

Seems like the poe switch wasnt the issue at all. After some time it started to do it again, be it the crs328 or something else using a pasive injector.

Im been doing another test, connecting the pasive injector right next to the AP using a short cable and see how it goes (I read online that the U6 had issues with cabling and the poe switch is in a rack about 12 meters away... which is ridiculous if the cabling is the issue). I think im going back to my cAPs