Community discussions

MikroTik App

ralphmt
just joined
Topic Author

Static routing issue v7.91 tile CCR1009

Wed May 24, 2023 5:57 am

Having a problem adding a static router for a redundant link, the backup link is being provided via an EOIP tunnel and i wish it to exit via a specific interface (in this case a cable modem on a static IP) when i go to add a static route to the router via Winbox 3.38. There is significant other routing going on in this router but a static route should be a no brainer.

i enter the route, x.x.x.33/32
i enter the gateway cable modem static IP gateway y.y.y.222
the immediate gateway comes back "unknown"

Routing table says "main"
i entered preferred source " same IP as the Mikrotik cable modem interface address" y.y.y.221

when i apply the route, in test mode, the router routes for about 10 sec then it disconnects and reverts the config.

I have verified that the IP from the cable modem is working on a laptop, originating from the ip address i expect and is pingable to laptop.
I have copied and pasted the interface address y.y.y.221 the working interface and know that ip is good (from external ping unplug, no ping plug in pings again) into pref source and tried without a perf source.
I can Ping the spectrum gateway and traceroute to it 1 hop 1ms

route comes up with status AS

route stays up for about 10 sec before connection dropped and test mode resets config,

Any Thoughts

ralph