Community discussions

MikroTik App

Gurkut
just joined
Topic Author

Switch from AC to AX Problem

Fri May 26, 2023 10:03 am

Hello, Sorry for this novice question,
But I need to switch from Mikrotik Cap AC to Mikrotik CAP Ax. I tried by taking config backup but it didn't work. After restoring, SSiDs on AC are not visible in AX. Settings from terminal section as script I tried to backup and try, but when I go to AX and paste the settings, it still doesn't work.. what should I do?

go4030
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Switch from AC to AX Problem

Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:05 am

Hello, Sorry for this novice question,
But I need to switch from Mikrotik Cap AC to Mikrotik CAP Ax. I tried by taking config backup but it didn't work. After restoring, SSiDs on AC are not visible in AX. Settings from terminal section as script I tried to backup and try, but when I go to AX and paste the settings, it still doesn't work.. what should I do?
I don't think you can restore a backup made on the AC to the AX device directly. On the AC device type this in a Terminal:
/export
This will show you all the settings you added or changed on the AC. Copy this to a text file on you computer. Now you can go to the AX and make the same changes via Winbox GUI or at the terminal.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Switch from AC to AX Problem

Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:56 am

You can never transfer config via backup between devices not having the same platform.

Also: Wifi settings on cAP AC are done completely different then on cAP AX.
The former uses legacy wifi, the latter uses wifiwave2.
Completely different menu structure.
So simple transfer using exported config is not possible either.

Best to reset AX again to factory settings and then transfer settings manually based on export as suggested.