just joined
Topic Author

help about user manager plz

Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:23 pm

Hello, thank you for spending your time helping me
I would be very grateful if you could solve my problem
I have installed Mikrotik user manager and I use it for mikrotik login
6.49 CHR=my user manager
I have done all the settings related to Radius correctly, but still the user manager cannot recognize that my users are disconnected and their sessions remain open.
Of course, if the user disconnects, sometimes the user manager understands, but if the user disconnects all at once, the user manager does not understand it, and thus single-user users always have the problem of not being able to reconnect because their session is active.
I also tried to install User Manager version 7
I did this too
I created all the users manually in User Manager version 7, but when I set the Radius server to UserManager 7, only 50 or a bit more of my 500 users could log in to the server.
please help me

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: help about user manager plz

Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:06 pm

Aha RADIUS logins ... and license limits.

AFAIK and tested, the RADIUS login is just an event. The duration of the logged in session is unknown and not tracked.
In a multi AP roaming environment with WPA/WPA2 Enterprise (RADIUS) login, I see a new RADIUS login for every roaming action. (classic wifi driver for WLAN, no caching)
If I do set some information in the RADIUS Mikrotik-Wireless-Comment attribute, then the logged in user can be followed in the wireless registration table (and the consolidated registration table in DUDE)

No comment gives just status associate/connected. No user name information.

Session counting is only with the RADIUS accounting. Session status and limits are active when RADIUS accounting (default port 1813) and Intermediate updates are active. (Set in the RADIUS definition in the AP (client router)) Having authentication and accounting on separate RADIUS servers is possible with MT (via Accounting Backup).

ROS license level 4, allowed for 19 accounted sessions, even if the RADIUS authentication happened in another (third party) RADIUS server. (Don't know what happened to the 20st session)
Level 5 will probably be 49 then. And .... YES! hAP ax³ is a level 6 licensed device (should be unlimited) !!

faraz
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:18 pm

with all do respect for you
but i did not get that
can you please say it a bit more clear

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:40 pm

If you set up accounting in RADIUS server and in the router/AP, and enable "Intermediate updates" (eg every 3 minutes) in the router/AP, then the RADIUS server (here User Manager of ROS7) will know about the sessions as updated (progress, resource usage), and about disconnects. The limited number of sessions with the ROS license level, is applied with the RADIUS accounting only. (No accounting, is no info, is no limits)

faraz
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:59 pm

i did everything
but doesnt work

DanteEllis
just joined

Sat May 27, 2023 5:36 pm

Aha RADIUS logins ... and license limits.

AFAIK and tested, the RADIUS login is just an event. The duration of the logged in session is unknown and not tracked.
In a multi AP roaming environment with WPA/WPA2 Enterprise (RADIUS) login, I see a new RADIUS login for every roaming action. (classic wifi driver for WLAN, no caching)
If I do set some information in the RADIUS Mikrotik-Wireless-Comment attribute, then the logged in user can be followed in the wireless registration table (and the consolidated registration table in DUDE)

No comment gives just status associate/connected. No user name information.

Session counting is only with the RADIUS accounting. Session status and limits are active when RADIUS accounting (default port 1813) and Intermediate updates are active. (Set in the RADIUS definition in the AP (client router)) Having authentication and accounting on separate RADIUS servers is possible with MT (via Accounting Backup).

ROS license level 4, allowed for 19 accounted sessions, even if the page RADIUS authentication happened in another (third party) RADIUS server. (Don't know what happened to the 20st session)
Level 5 will probably be 49 then. And .... YES! hAP ax³ is a level 6 licensed device (should be unlimited) !!
Check all User Manager settings, including User Profiles, Hotspot Configuration, and Session Timeout values. If possible, test with a different Radius server software to isolate the issue. Enable debug logging in User Manager for more detailed information. Review your firewall and NAT settings on the MikroTik router. Consider a fresh installation of User Manager if all else fails.