Community discussions

MikroTik App

angekarl
just joined
Topic Author

Wireless disabled

Sat May 27, 2023 2:16 pm

Hi all, I've got a hAP ax3 running on version 7,9,1.
Since I bought it, I've noticed that the SSIDs deactivate themselves and disappear when no peripheral is connected to them.
I then have to access the router configuration, deactivate and then reactivate the wifi interfaces for the SSIDs to transmit again, or else reboot the router.
I then have to access the router's configuration, deactivate then reactivate the wifi interfaces for the SSIDs to transmit again, or else reboot the router. What could be causing this and how can I leave the SSIDs permanently activated. Thank you for your answers.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Wireless disabled

Tue May 30, 2023 9:16 pm

Two things...
the interface itself will show inactive when no client is connected.
But are you saying the SSID itself disappears ? You do not see it anymore on the client devices ?

5GHz channel I dare to guess ? 2.4GHz will still work fine ?
And is there an indication of a reason when you connect to your device ? Most likely radar check ? That one can take up to 10 minutes ... channel gone.
Try to use a channel not subject to DFS (you can even activate a setting to avoid those channels completely).
Don't use "auto", choose your frequency avoiding channels which are already in use, if possible.

And if that doesn't work ... please post config between [ ] code quotes, leaving out serial number and public WANip (if applicable).

Anthemous
just joined

Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:45 am

Hallo to all
not for this post, but something very similar to this unfortunately happened to me too.
Suddenly after more than 10 years of perfect operation my RouterBoard started to disappear without any reason the wireles interfaces!
All wireless interference is lost for no reason, requiring either an on-off(hard close and after a minute On again) or a Restart.
I can't think of any particular reason why this is happening, please does anyone have a solution?

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:26 pm

How is power adapter health? Aging PAs tend to become less stable regarding output voltage when under load ... and if WiFi radio is active, the whole device draws more power. Occasional power dip might show in many different ways from device resets to unstable operation.
Keep in mind that Mikrotik devices have internally also DC-DC power converters which also age (and can thus cause problems themselves). If this is the case, then fixing the problem of aging equipment will be much harder (if not impossible).

gotsprings
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:20 pm

Right a script to check if the interface is disabled.
Set it to enable if off.
Run it on a scheduler.

Or do what I did and switch vendors for WiFi.