Community discussions

MikroTik App

tabraham
Topic Author

SFTP no authentication if any private SSH key is imported

Wed May 31, 2023 6:57 pm

Hello everyone,

I believe there is a bug in the fetch SFTP mode for ROS 7.9.1

I found out that SFTP fetch download or Upload does not work when there is a SSH Public key is present. The issue persists even if the SFTP username is different from the imported SSH key and password is provided.

Findings:
  1. According to MikroTik it states that auth failed.
    failure: authentication failure (6)
  2. According to SFTP server MikroTik requested a connection but did not provide and auth method.
    2023-05-31T15:36:09.093 DBG sender=connection_failed client_ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx username= login_type=no_auth_tried protocol=SSH error=ssh: overflow reading version string
Did anyone else having the same issues?

Roybaker
just joined

Re: SFTP no authentication if any private SSH key is imported

Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:23 am

Hello everyone,

I believe there is a bug in the fetch SFTP mode for ROS 7.9.1

I found out that SFTP fetch download or Upload does not work when there is a SSH Public key is present. The issue persists even if the SFTP username is different from the imported SSH key and password is provided.

Findings:
  1. According to MikroTik it states that auth failed.
    failure: authentication failure (6)
  2. According to SFTP server MikroTik requested a connection but did not provide and auth method.
    2023-05-31T15:36:09.093 DBG sender=connection_failed client_ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx username= login_type=no_auth_tried protocol=SSH error=ssh: overflow reading version string
Did anyone else having the same issues?
Hello,
Same issue I am facing MikroTik indicates that authentication failure occurs, while the SFTP server reports that MikroTik requested a connection but did bot provide authentication method. The error message suggests an overflow reading the version string in the SSH protocol. Please help me to fic this issue. Thanks!

tabraham
Topic Author

Re: SFTP no authentication if any private SSH key is imported

Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:11 pm

Can anyone confirm if the issue has been solved in the latest release?