Community discussions

MikroTik App

plzsendhalp
just joined
Topic Author

Do you think my RB2011iL-IN routerboard has a hardware issue?

Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:55 am

I bought a new RB2011iL-IN about a week ago, it beeped and booted and after a misconfiguration I attempted to reset configuration. No variation of the reset button had any effect on the LED as I presume should be expected. I could not gain access after any attempt to reset configuration. I was able to find it in Netinstall, so holding reset did have an effect during boot, but no change to LED.

I attempted to upgrade the software to 7.9.1. Only to be met with no response. So I attempted to upgrade to 6.48.7. Still no response. My manual says "this device needs to be upgraded to 6.48.3"- so I went with the 6.48.3 mipsbe.npk and found success. Initially I couldn't get into the webUI, but winbox did work, I was back in. Eventually the WebUI was accessible.

I configured the routerboard for the network, added some additional firewall rules to the default. Everything was going great for a couple days.

I woke up to no internet, all link-lights in use were flashing in sync, and since then various odd things have been happening while trying to troubleshoot:
  • The beeps during boot do not happen anymore.
  • Unable to see routerboard via winbox as I did before.
  • Unable to get the routerboard to reach the pxe server on windows Netinstall, same configuration and software/tools as previous successful netinstall.
  • I have also tried Netinstall-cli. No luck there either.
More odd things happen with the link lights. After a few attempted boots, the link lights just stop turning on altogether.
I can wait a few hours, plug into a port, boot, and link lights will work, unplug from port, plug into same port, but link light changes to a different port.
For example: I plug PC-1 into port 1, link 1 lights up, i unplug PC-1 from port 1 and plug PC-2 into port 1, but link 6 lights up.

I have made a support ticket only to be met with a generic response and some basic videos and other guides I have already been through many times. I know this probably isn't the right spot for this.. but I am out of options and hope someone can shed some light with their experience.

Has anyone seen these types of errors before? Should I throw this routerboard in the garbage, or are there other steps I can take?
The LED has never had reaction to the reset button since it came out of the box- I am unable to reset configuration and link lights now are behaving very oddly.

I really want to like mikrotik and may just have to wait until a newer routerboard is in stock and I can afford a larger purchase. I wonder if a serial port would help me.

Did I brick it? or is there a chance..

Thanks for your time, I would like to get this thing fixed, or have more understanding as to what could have happened. Please send help!