Community discussions

MikroTik App

manish
Topic Author

Traffic Engineering RouterOS 7

Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:39 am

Dear Experts,

I am currently testing a portion of my network with version 7 due to the increasing prevalence of preinstalled routers with this software. However, I have encountered an issue with TE functionality. While I was able to create interfaces with TE in version 6 and successfully route traffic to the destination IP, I have been unable to locate the TE interface in version 7.9.2. I attempted to create a tunnel, but was unable to configure an IP address. If I were to use VPLS, I am unsure how to route traffic to the destination without bridging interfaces on the destination router.

TE: 10.10.0.1 ------------------------------ TE 10.10.0.2
R1 ====== R2 ======== R3 ========= R5

ver 6
R1, Route 192.1.1.0/24 via TE 10.10.0.2

I attempted to research the forum but found limited information. Recently, I upgraded a router that was responsible for TE and the interfaces became unknown.

Thank you,

wiseroute

Re: Traffic Engineering RouterOS 7

Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:01 am

hello,

firstable, i am not in any way as an expert.

second, we don't have any idea what is your topology look like and what are you trying to achieve with that te, and its implementation results (simple diagram sometimes doesn't match with/can't represent, the actual complex end result).

just wanted to give you a hand.

https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Simple_TE

manish
Topic Author

Re: Traffic Engineering RouterOS 7

Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:44 am

Thank you for sharing the link. I was able to get TE working with version 6, but it seems like version 7 requires a different configuration method. I was wondering if anyone has experience with this and could offer some helpful tips.