Community discussions

MikroTik App

cube4d
just joined
Topic Author

VLAN SwOS CRS326-24G-2S+

Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:54 am

Hi,

i have a small office with 5 PCs, 2 printers one router and an few other smart home devices.
Now i want to have one vlan1 with the PCs and the printers,
And a second vlan200 with all the other devices.

I have configured it like seen in the screenshots, but it dont work.
The smarthome devices VLAN200 have no connection to the internet, Can someone tell me what i am doint wrong :-)

The Router is PORT2

...I tried VLAN-MODE "enabled" too but still dont work.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mazel
just joined

Re: VLAN SwOS CRS326-24G-2S+

Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:05 pm

Try to tick Force VLAN ID for ports, also VLAN mode should be enabled. Also all VLANs should be assigned to Uplink interface (like SFP1 in my case), and on router all VLANs should be on bridge and assigned to correct Uplink to switch. (Note: VLAN99 is my VLAN1)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cube4d
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:41 pm

Hi, thank you.

I enabled all and force IDs now. Still no connection.
But i cant find the "menu" on your first picture... (Bridge/VLAN IDs/Current Tagged)

where can i find it?

... is this in Router OS then?

mazel
just joined

Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:27 pm

Hi, thank you.

I enabled all and force IDs now. Still no connection.
But i cant find the "menu" on your first picture... (Bridge/VLAN IDs/Current Tagged)

where can i find it?

... is this in Router OS then?
Yes, the first picture is on my router (Winbox: Bridge > VLAN). I have RB5009 as router and CRS326 as switch.

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: VLAN SwOS CRS326-24G-2S+  [SOLVED]

Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:54 pm

OK Cube4d, welcome to the forum. A couple of comments.
Assuming that port 2 is being used as a VLAN trunk (as opposed to a Hybrid mode). All of your devices EXCEPT the router connection on port 2 are NOT VLAN aware (or at least not operating as a VLAN connection).
1) DO NOT use VLAN 1. Any other number is fine, but do not use VLAN 1. I can explain further if desired.
2) In your first post screen capture of the VLANs tab, uncheck "Port Isolation". It will screw you up if you don't understand what it's doing. On the "Port Isolation" tab, leave as default with all boxes checked except itself. You are using VLANs to separate traffic. Using Port Isolation just adds an un-needed layer of complexity that can easily come back to haunt you.
3) On the VLANs tab, change the VLAN ID on the first line from 1 to whatever number you change it to (see item #1)
4) On the VLAN tab on all ports EXCEPT port 2 (which DOES need to be VLAN aware), change VLAN Mode to "Disabled" (you can also use "Strict"), and change the VLAN Receive to "Only Untagged", and change the Default VLAN ID to whatever number you use instead of VLAN 1 (see item #1).
5) On the VLAN tab port 2 ONLY, change VLAN Mode to "Strict", VLAN Receive to "Only Tagged", and Default VLAN ID to some unused dummy number (I use 970 + port number, so port 2 would be 972)
6) On your router (apparently a Fritzbox which I know nothing about configuring), the connection to the switch needs to be set up as a VLAN trunk with VLANs 200 and whatever you used instead of VLAN 1). The router will be responsible for DHCP assignments and routing to the internet, and presumably isolating the two VLANs from each other.

BTW, there is a SwitchOS section of the forum that this really should have been posted in, but this will do...

cube4d
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:49 pm

Hi,

thank you so much! i will try it the next days.

OK Cube4d, welcome to the forum. A couple of comments.
Assuming that port 2 is being used as a VLAN trunk (as opposed to a Hybrid mode). All of your devices EXCEPT the router connection on port 2 are NOT VLAN aware (or at least not operating as a VLAN connection).
1) DO NOT use VLAN 1. Any other number is fine, but do not use VLAN 1. I can explain further if desired.
2) In your first post screen capture of the VLANs tab, uncheck "Port Isolation". It will screw you up if you don't understand what it's doing. On the "Port Isolation" tab, leave as default with all boxes checked except itself. You are using VLANs to separate traffic. Using Port Isolation just adds an un-needed layer of complexity that can easily come back to haunt you.
3) On the VLANs tab, change the VLAN ID on the first line from 1 to whatever number you change it to (see item #1)
4) On the VLAN tab on all ports EXCEPT port 2 (which DOES need to be VLAN aware), change VLAN Mode to "Disabled" (you can also use "Strict"), and change the VLAN Receive to "Only Untagged", and change the Default VLAN ID to whatever number you use instead of VLAN 1 (see item #1).
5) On the VLAN tab port 2 ONLY, change VLAN Mode to "Strict", VLAN Receive to "Only Tagged", and Default VLAN ID to some unused dummy number (I use 970 + port number, so port 2 would be 972)
6) On your router (apparently a Fritzbox which I know nothing about configuring), the connection to the switch needs to be set up as a VLAN trunk with VLANs 200 and whatever you used instead of VLAN 1). The router will be responsible for DHCP assignments and routing to the internet, and presumably isolating the two VLANs from each other.

BTW, there is a SwitchOS section of the forum that this really should have been posted in, but this will do...

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:08 pm

Let me know if you have any more questions. I'm one of the people here that uses and really likes SwitchOS (I have seven switches that I manage).