Community discussions

MikroTik App

nwa
Topic Author

Hardware Upgrade RB5009 CRS310-8G hAP ax3

Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:40 am

Hi,

for my home network i want to make some upgrades to 2,5g and maybe wifi6 im on the right way ? what do you think ?

I use 19" Rack:
ISP is 250mbit but can be 1g or more later (GPON from provider, no own device allowed)
RB3011 RM with firewall, wireguard and CAPSMAN host... and on the POE Out with some script for night shutdown wAP AC connected
CRS328-24P-4S+RM with 3 Cams POE out, 2x CAP Clients POE out (hAP ac and hAP ac lite), NAS 2x 2,5g over SFP+ RJ10 and some Client 2.5g over RJ10
RB and CRS connected with DAC Cable but on 1g because of the RB3011 has only SFP 1g

wifi over CAPSMAN (RB3011 controlled) in a House with steel concrete:
hAP ac main living
wAP ac Garden
hAP ac lite on other half the building (behind a big wall)

I wonder that the speed on newest MBP M2 and some other on the Registration View Brutto on 5ghz around 800 shows but in netto on the mbp with files 1gig to 10gig are only 100mbits (CAP CPU 30% , CAPSMAN CPU 10%)

Questions:
is CAPSMAN ever the slower speed but the better range choice?

can I replace the hAP ac and hAP ac lite with the hAP ax3 ? or is the range behind the wall a big Problem?
I think maybe the wAP ac in garden I need no more...

make it sense when 2. is right, that I work with hAP ax3 only without CAPSMAN as a classic wifi configuration ?

can hAP ax3 work with CAPSMAN at full performance ? can it work together with the other old hAP and wAP acs ?
what is with wave2 ? works with capsman ?

what do you think about this configuration

RB5009 with POE to replace my RB3011 (I don't like the new RM design when I use only 1 device)
benefit... cpu power -10g over DAC to Switch - 2,5g port for ISP - can handle my caps and cams with POE

CRS310-8G-2S-IN NEW with 8x 2,5gb to replace my CRS328-24G POE
its enough to plug in all my ethernets that I use and don't need so much energy
benefit...8x2,5g without RJ Moduls, better Energy.

Wifi upgrade
hAP ax3 for all or only for 1 hAP ac

ps: mikrotik has to bring out some Rack adaption for CRS 10" and RB5009 10" together in 1HE... the mounting point on RB5009 is horizontal

thanks for your help!