Community discussions

MikroTik App

arbildo
just joined
Topic Author

Mikrotik topology - Too many clients error

Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:44 am

Hello guys, I attach the image containing details about the problem and a diagram of the topology. Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vingjfg
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Mikrotik topology - Too many clients error

Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:38 am

I assume you use disc-list and disc-lite5 for the same device.

What is the connection between disc-lite5 and the sxt? Ethernet or wireless? If wireless, what is the mode on the disc-lite5?

Can you share the configuration excerpts after sanitizing?

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Mikrotik topology - Too many clients error

Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:17 am

As the error message says: disc-lite5 already serves maximum number of clients and the new one is not allowed to connect.

Two things, in order from less important to the critical one:
  1. taking from description from diagram "PTP BRIDGE AP" ... I'm assuming that disc-lite5 is running in "bridge" mode ... which can only serve single station. You would have to change it to "AP-bridge".
    Alas you probably can't, see next bullet.
  2. disc-lite5 comes with ROS license level 3 ... looking at ROS license levels one can see "Wireless AP mode (PtMP): No". For PtMP (which is what you're trying to build with two stations connecting to same "AP") you'd need at least license level 4.
    You'll have to contact official Mikrotik reseller for pricing (there are on-line ones as well) for pricing, but I heard they don't come cheap. So it might be better for you to replace disc-lite5 with a device which comes with license level 4 by default (product page does state this information)